A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.
- Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:Yes, every time.
- If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
a:Open command prompt and type: Path to CIS\cavscan.exe Path to file to scan.
b:Observe that no scan dialog opens and no scan takes place.
c:This used to work, I would be glad to accept an alternative scanner. This is used by many in such applications as download managers to scan for viruses after DLing a file. Other security products offer this function.
- If not obvious, what U expected to happen: Obvious.
- If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: N/A
- Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: No.
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc: Function for scanning files has changed in CIS and my request for help went unanswered.
B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration:6.2.285401.2860
- Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: D+/HIPS, FW & AV
- Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): Proactive.
Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?:No.
[li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:N/A.
[/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:No.
[li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:N/A.
[/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:W7 x64 SP1+all updates, UAC off, Administrator.
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: None.
[attachment deleted by admin]