CAVS Statistics

• I wish that CAVS include more advanced statistics, like how many files it is scanning in the background, how much percent it has scanned of the total available scan able files, how many errors it found while doing background scanning and other.

• I wish the same kind of statistics for the firewall section, like how many blocked requests I have had in this hour, or 24 hours, how many ports are open at the moment, if there was an attack, how many times the attacker came back and stuff…

• Also, some statistics for defense, but alone for the computer policy section, like how mant times exactly defense + has intercepted something this hour, 24 hour, what kind of processes/files and stuff…

I know we have the logs, where you can similar stuff like I wrote above, but these statistics must be a supplement of the logs and have to be viewed through the gui, and must have the function of a summary of a period you choose to view.

Thanks.

(V)

I know a status bar (of % complete) when manual scanning was on the AV wishlist for a while. That would be nice (although I hope if it was implemented, it would actually be accurate, unlike Avast!'s.)

As with the other wishes, I think there will be those types of improvements/features for the advanced portion in the new GUI in the future. :slight_smile:

To know what percentage it had completed, it would first need to know the total quantity of files and this could only be done by scanning the entire directory tree of all required drives first.

Don’t you think this would slow down the overall process?

First, we would need to define what the percentage is to be of: # of files or total byte size to be scanned, both will give different results during scanning.
I am thinking byte size might be quicker to start, and easier to implement, along with the file count already scanned.

No this should not be a problem…

The previous version CAVS 2 did a scan for al important directory’s, files and stuff, to speed up the scanning during a scan for virus and spyware…

But this time, when installing, you say to cavs, make a some kind of index of my files, this will happen in the background, and you can continue using CIS…

So when CAVS module has finished its index, you see the statistics of the background scanning and you can follow the progress real time…

So this is user friendly and you achieve what users want.

Thanks.

We could co-operatively use the Windows indexing service to do this, or we could just go and buy a slower PC to start with. :wink:

Well using the windows indexing service is indeed not such a bad idea… Is there some kind of API available that can be used for our purpose? I thought about using this service, but I am not sure it was possible to use it for purpose described in my wish…

Buying a slower pc? …hmmmm… :THNK it seems you do not have many trust in that my suggestion can contribute to a better user experience for users…

I am confident it will! Even with a slower pc! (:WIN)

Edit:

actually the windows indexing service is not that slow… ok maybe the google indexing is a bit faster, but microsoft released new versions of their ndexing services and they are a very big improvement…