This is to inform that we have released CAVS beta 188.8.131.52 on comodo site (http://www.antivirus.comodo.com).
The new features in CAV beta 2.0 can be found at http://www.antivirus.comodo.com/whats_new.html
If you have CAV1.1 installed, please un-install it through “Add/Remove programs” before installing CAV 2.0. If you face any issues in un-installation of CAV 1.1, please get manual uninstaller tool for CAV1.1 on forum at
This version was tested by lot of beta testing experts on comodo forum. We had fixed lot of bugs during beta testing. After the successful test for more than 3 months, we have released it today on site for all users. I thank all beta testing experts from bottom of my heart.
We are sure that the new major feature ‘HIPS application control’ will help users to protect them from all kind of malwares and mainly from new or unknown malwares.
New or unknown malwares are the biggest threat to users which is not covered by most of the other Antivirus products. CAV beta 2.0 will help to protect users from all new malwares. We hope you all will like this feature and will help comodo to bring largest safelist database.
The following bugs reported in CAV 1.1 are fixed in CAV 2.0.
• Scan engine taking too much time for some files – Fixed
• Scan Engine sticks in some scenarios - Fixed
• On Access can not be enabled on some systems - fixed
• On access scanner is not detecting the virus file a second time in some scenarios - fixed
• CAV have issues in coexisting with other AV programs - No issues with KAV, NOD32 and AOL.
• New install caused Win XP to appear frozen - Fixed
• CAV email scanner frequently gives Comodo Email Proxy Server has encountered a problem and needs to close…- Fixed
• Updater and submit options are not working in proxy machines – Updater is failing when authentication is required and submit crashes in proxy machines
• Comodo Antivirus License Activation Module is crashing in particular scenario - Currently activation is not required
• Updater modification for updating AllowDB and Some spelling mistakes in Updater - Fixed
• Right click scan does not scan the memory first - Fixed
• Buffer overrun detected in quarantine window - Fixed
• Unhandled exception error from cavsn.exe- Fixed
• Buffer overrun detected error in email scanner sometimes- Fixed
• Email Scanner is not working with Microsoft Outlook in particular case- Fixed
• Email Scanner is not allowing the mail to send if the mail size is more the 2MB- Fixed
• Email scanner is not detecting the virus in Incredimail mail- Fixed
• Installation and uninstallation problem - Fixed
• CAVS slows my system - Fixed
• Email scanner freezes the system while processing the mails. When CPF is installed - Fixed
• Spelling mistakes: a.‘Satuarday.’ b. trial version WILL EXPIRES c. Colour d. viruse in launch pad - Fixed
• Problem with “Incoming email scan” and MS Outlook 2003- Fixed
• Incoming e-mail - Connection to Server timed out- Fixed
• Exclude from scan not working - Fixed
• Comodo Antivirus registration issues - Proxy, Anonymiser, etc Activation problems with ISA Server - Currently activation is not required
• Multiple email accounts on thunderbird - Fixed
• From Status Page Enabling and disabling AutoUpdater and Email Scanner is not working- Fixed
• Scheduler with regular interval is not working properly- Fixed
• IE script error in scan scheduler- Fixed
• All bugs fixing for console scanner- Fixed
• Freezes the PC while scanning - c:..\tempoary internet files\content.ie5\cwoh0ri5 - Fixed
• schedule scan does not work https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,2271.0.html – Fixed
• Hal.dll or other system file deletion problem - Fixed