CAVS 2.0 and Microsoft Outlook 2002 (XP)

Quick question :). Does CAVS 2.0 work with Microsoft Outlook 2002 or just Outlook Express?

:slight_smile:

I use CPF 2.4.17.183 and CAVS 2.0.8.20 and MSOffice Professional 2003 (include the Outlook), it works fine.
fhkh

Shouldn’t it show a scan dialog box? (as in the screenshot posted in the screenshots thread). I also can’t find any options to scan my mailbox within Outlook 2002.

:slight_smile:

AFAIK, CAVS does not yet work with Outlook. Or, at least not with an Exchange Server setup. The last I knew for sure, the email scan engine didn’t do anything with Outlook or Outlook w/Exchange.

I’m betting this has something to do with MS saying that no AV is needed to scan Outlook, as Outlook (in their opinion) is invulnerable; a rock, a veritable fortress of security! They have created certain safeguards, and don’t seem to want users to have email scanning capabilities; perhaps it’s related…

LM

It doesn’t work with Thunderbird at the moment, email scanner and email proxy crash and even had a alg crash?? In the end I have had to remove it as I could no longer check mail.

Getting nowhere with support, installed and checked lspfix but finds no problems, it is a new install of xp pro, nothing weird running.

I guess it still is beta, but I feel more like an alpha, keep up the good work though.

bluebeard,

I’m using it with TBird at home, and it works just fine. First time to open TB after a boot, CavEmlSvr.exe pulls some resources for a few seconds, and after that it’s fine. Much improved over the previous, where the email scan server consumed over 80%…

This is only with 2.0.8.2; what version of CAVS did you have? Did you allow the .exe full access thru your firewall? (and is that Comodo’s FW?)

LM

support said it was a lsp problem which it wasn’t, firewall is comodo.

glad it works for you.