cav slows down system boot up??????????

its taking too much of time 4 my machine to boot up . is any1 facing t same. :o
im having cav and comodo firewall in my machine

Hello,

Yes we know CAVS is a bit of a resource hog, but it is being improved, it slows down my machine by about 1 minute but thats all, and I know it will only get better as newer versions are released.

~Justin

CAVS really slows up my computer during startup. When checking on the task manager, it shows “cavasm.exe” keeping my CPU usage at close to 100%. When that program isnt keeping my CPU running so high, “rapimgr.exe” keeps it high. Right now, CAVS is unusable for me…I cant even run my computer without having CAVS uninstalled since it goes so slow. Any chance these problems will be fixed soon? I would really like to use CAVS, but like I said, right now it just isnt possible for me. Thanks for the help!

how many apps do you have in your start up?
the more you have the longer it will take, but we should take a look at this closely.
pls tell us the list of all the apps u have in the startup and all the drivers you have.

thanks
Melih

Thanks for getting back to me! Just wanted to mention that before I uninstalled CAVS, I waited 15 minutes for my computer to start up…the whole time the CPU was at 100%. After 15 minutes, it still was unresponsive. Below is the listing of the processes (although cavasm.exe does not show up since it was uninstalled; as for rapimgr.exe…I realized it was something for Activsync and was exited.) How would I be able to provide a listing of all the drivers I have? Just incase you need it, here is some information about my computer: Intel Celeron D 2.80 Ghz, Windows XP Professional (service pack 2), 80 GB HD, and 512 MB RAM. Thanks again!

Taskmgr.exe
Iexplorer.exe
Wscntfly.exe
Alg.exe
Prfldsvc.exe
Aoltpspd.exe
Cmdagent.exe
Aoltsmon.exe
Explorer.exe
Aolacsd.exe
Svchost.exe
Lsass.exe
Services.exe
Winlogon.exe
Csrss.exe
Smss.exe
Wcescomm.exe
Clptray.exe
Cpf.exe
Igfxpers.exe
Hkcmd.exe
Qoeloader.exe
Opwarese2.exe
Wrsssdk.exe
System
System idle process

Thanks for your information.

Can you submit all non-windows files for static analysis, it will be more helpful for us.

From your information two possibilities are there

1. Scan engine may be getting stuck while scanning a particular file. So once you upload
    files, will do a static scan on to see if that’s the case

2. If 1st doesn’t happen to be the case, we will have to have all the packages these exe
    comes with, so that we can see what file activities are performed by them

Ruban,

What exactly do you mean by “non-windows” files? I guess I’m not understanding.

I think he means, files that are not part of the operating system

Melih