Event Source: Comodo Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Service
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 03/06/2007
Time: 21:52:58
User: N/A
Computer: ***
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Comodo Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

I seem to be having a few gliches since installing CAV see my ipsec post for other problems

G’day Neville and welcome to the forums.

Given the problems you’ve posted re. IPSEC and the service not reporting correctly, I’m inclined to recommend an uninstall and re-install. To ensure that it installs correctly, I would

1. redownload the setup files from http://antivirus.comodo.com
  2. disconnect from the internet
  3. uninstall the existing installation of CAVS
  4. reboot
  5. disconnect from the internet if automatically reconnected
  6. disable any other security software that could prevent writes to the registry
  7. reinstall CVAS
  8. reboot
  9. ensure that any security software disabled in step 6 is re-enabled
  10. test installation of CAVS

I realise this is the long way around things and doesn’t address the original posted issues, but at least we’ll be in a known postition to investigate further.

P.S. Can you confirm what version of Windows you’re running?

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thank you Ewan

I have now tried to reinstall cav three times I have even tried it in Safe Mode!

Before I reinstalled it last time I searched the registry after uninstalling/rebooting and found several entries for “cavasm” and entries for comodo antivirus.

I was wondering if these residual registry entries were referencing the old installation of CAV I was unable to delete these Keys I have attached the zipped “Exported Key” that I found.

My event viewer logs still show errors see below

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Comodo Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Service
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 04/06/2007
Time: 13:39:28
User: N/A
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Comodo Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

AND

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Policy Change
Event ID: 615
Date: 04/06/2007
Time: 13:39:21
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Description:
IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to initialize IKE module with error code: An invalid argument was supplied.
. IPSec Services could not be started.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Microsoft Support.

I am using XP sp2 (fully updated )

I have used cfp for ages and have no problems at all until I install CAV

Ipsec Loaded normally when I rebooted between Unistall/Install

Thanks for your time

Nev

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hey Nev,

I’d go to http://support.comodo.com, register and lodge a support ticket on this. If you’re installing the latest beta of CAVS2 (which I’ve assumed you are), I’m not aware of residual keys left behind when uninstalling. This was an issue with V1 of CAVS.

When support come back with a answer (hopefully) can you please post the results back here for the benefit of others.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks Ewen I have registered a ticket and will post back when I get a reply

Ticket ID: EUI-966243

Nev.