CAV (Decompress and scan archive files of extensions)[M336][V6][GUI]

Hello! I found out today that the CAV scan option “Decompress and scan archive files of extension(s)” won’t work unless you disable “Enable scanning optimizations”. It’s somewhat misleading and no information is given out about this. Few users on the Comodo Russian forum raised this issue as well. Can someone include this info into the official Comodo guide? Thank you.

The function is described here in the online help file.

I know that. Unless I’m blind I don’t see info in this guide saying: Disable “Enable scanning optimizations” if you want “Decompress and scan archive files of extension(s)” option to work! It won’t work with enabled “Enable scanning optimizations” don’t matter if you add extensions.

I see. I overread that. You’re right. It should say that. I will move this to the bug board to the part where Help and GUI shortcomings can be reported.

Oh I was thinking to myself after reading the guide 10 times I must be blind LOL! Thank you very much. ;D :-TU

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

I can’t. I use version 5.10 now. Version 6.0–6.1 and 6.2 is unstable on my system. Sorry.

No problem. Once you are able to install CIS please let me know and we’ll check this bug.

By the way, did you try reinstalling by following the advice I give in this topic, including running the uninstallers for all security programs which were ever installed on the computer?

Chiron I will be only using version 5.10 from now. I’m using it now. Any other version 6 creates issues on my PC it’s unstable and unusable. I’m not even going to try anymore.

Nothing is ever left on my PC (I delete files, drivers & edit registry manually from what is left over). I tried other applications as well to see if any conflict nothing.

I think it might work if I re-install the whole OS but I’m not going to do that.

Okay, I understand. I’m sorry to hear about that. In another topic I’d be very interested to have a discussion about what symptoms you are having and see if we can come up with some ideas.

However, QA has marked this issue as fixed. Therefore, I will move this to Resolved.