CAV: Bad Problems

Have just updated CAV, now there is a couple of problems,

1. Error number CAV003: Description on access scanner failed to start.

2. Services: Could not start the Comodo Anti-virus and Anti-spyware service service on local computer. Error1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I have clicked on exit from CAV and tried to uninstall it intending to do a re-install, but it wont uninstall.

This is the first problem i have had with any of comodo products, any help to resolve this appreciated.

Did you reboot your PC after installing it and have you tried the uninstallation from Safe Mode?

Ewen :slight_smile:

Uninstalling it in safe mode worked for me when I had problems with other programs that wouldn´t install. But, if you cannot uninstall Cavs in safe mode, try a free unistaller program. I use Revo Unistaller at home, it worked well when it was needed.

Thank you both for replying.

I had CAV Running for sometime untill this morning when when there seemed to be an automatic download, CF box came up asking if i wanted to connect to the internet and before i could click ok it went off screen and thats when the problems started.

I tried uninstalling in safe mode and got this, An error occured while trying to remove Comodo Antivirus Beta 2.0. it may have already been uninstalled.

I done a system restore and CAV is now okay.

Scotty kept coming up with the following: Scotty has detected a change in the following monitored file.
Hosts: c:\ windows\ system32\ drivers\etc\hosts.

I chose to reject it but it kept flashing up on the desktop so i took a chance and accepted it, touch wood, everything seems to be okay.

I hope this will be of some help if anybody else has the same problem.

once again thank you for your help.

I’d start hunting down what was modifying your HOSTS. file, as it is used as the first determinant for addressing, and can be used to modify where you end up on the net - you type in “www.google.com” and end up at “www. OMG_i_didnt_know_they_even_made_them_that_big.com”

Start hunting - I’d try HijackThis first.

Hope This helps,
Ewen :slight_smile: