Caution!! - system-cleaner may destroy Vista operating system

I’ve used system-cleaner with standard settings on windows xp with much succes without problems, but two day later this same had been seriously damaged vista-32.

After usage system-cleaner vista has lost many system files and dll, which I must install again
(incuding XML machine 4 sp2 + sdk). The most difficult to repair was damaging comodo internet
firewall self but this operation. Serious bug with dumping crash file has been created(I’ve sent
it to Comodo Peoples but answer has been not achieved yet). There was taken much time
me to found, that winsock2 has been damaged. Fixng with winsockfix has been repaired this
problem.

There was really much crash with many time spent at computer enfing with conflict in familly to
devote to much time …

I will say, use please system-cleaner on vista with much precaution. I will rather now avoid to use
them.

Piotr Kasztelowicz
http://www.am.torun.pl/~pekasz

Hello,

Can you give us more details about your problem? What CSC version did you used? What modules did you used when you encountered the problem? ( Registry Cleaner, Disk Cleaner, Privacy Cleaner ).
Any detail may be helpful.

We are sorry for the problems you encountered on your Vista 32 operating system.
We would very much appreciate if you could provide us with more specific details as far as you can remember regarding the features and options used.
Also, please tell us which version of CSC have you used and please post the cleaner logs. You can find the logs in the installation folder of CSC (\ProgramFiles\COMODO\Comodo System Cleaner).

Thank you for your support.

I’ve already removed csc from my disk and probably I will not install it again (I have still problems for
instance with Pinnacle Hybrid TV). But I have sent to Comodo Team dump from Comodo Internet
Security to cfp@comodo.com afer crash and here any information should be visible

P.

Hi all,

I had a similar problem using System Cleaner version 1.1.64946.38 on Vista 64. I started the scan and it found something about 300 problems in the registry. After the scan I pressed clean. Nothing wrong so far but the next time I started my system, Vista couldn’t start. Luckily I managed to restore to a safe point without any installation.

I really want to use Comodo System Cleaner cause I’m also using Comodo Firewall (3.11.108364.552). Can you help me out?

Some more info…

• Windows Firewall disabled
  • Windows Defender enabled
  • Using Panda AV Pro 2010 9.00.00

If you need more info please ask.

Regards.

PS I attached the logfile

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

Please use the latest version of Comodo System Cleaner which has major changes from version 1.1.64946.38.

Download links can be found here: https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/comodo_system_cleaner_201087165_public_release-t44513.0.html

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest version using your link. When trying to install, Vista raises error (blue screen). I have tried several times (even upgraded to service pack 2) but without any success.

Any help appreciated…

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Vista 64bit
  • Security Software Installed; Panda AV Pro 2010, Comodo Firewall, Windows Defender
  • How you produced the problem; start the installation → blue screen appears when showing progress bar
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Installed service pack 2, no success
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;

Hi,

Could you provide us with the memory dump on crash, if you still have it? You can find it in the ‘Minidump’ folder from your ‘Windows’ directory.