Can't Use Comodo Secure DNS

I’m running Slackware Linux 13.1 x86 and I use wicd to work my net connections and when I put in Comodo’s Secure DNS to use I can’t surf. I can only surf if I use my ISP DNS.

Here’s a screen shot of the dns setup in wicd;

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3171/screenshot12102010.th.png

This doesn’t make sense to not be able to use the DNS with Trust Connect…

I tried this with my firewalls both off and it didn’t matter, it’s not a firewall issue.

A big point of using Trust Connect is for anonymity and then not being able to use the DNS sort of defeats this… :frowning:

So can’t we use Comodo’s Secure DNS with Trust Connect?

THANKS

Since you are using a free account, you can not use Comodo Secure DNS directly. You may use them if you add the route to Comodo Secure DNS via your default gateway. To do this, add in free_client.conf the following:
route 156.154.70.22 255.255.255.255 net_gateway
route 156.154.71.22 255.255.255.255 net_gateway
where net_gateway - the pre-defined constant, which means in terms of openVPN-client the network default gateway.

Can you use the line as net_gateway, or do you need to put in the actual IP of the gateway?

THANKS

Can you use the line as net_gateway, or do you need to put in the actual IP of the gateway?
You can use the "net_gateway". The openVPN client program will recognize the actual address of your default gateway automatically.