Can't uninstall or reinstall

Yep, caused by user stupidity, but surprised that something this obvious was not found before release…

I downloaded the new free firewall update and installed it, which meant uninstalling the previous version first, it told me to reboot. I DID NOT.

I immediately installed the new version AND THEN REBOOTED.

Seems that the Comodo FW was totally confised and installed a basic smattering of files totalling only 27.7mb.
It won’t let me uninstall because it is no longer listed in uninstall.
It told me to go to DOS mode and type in something along the lines of CFPCONFIG.exe -u
but this file does not exist, and so I cannot.

I tried deleting all registry entries with the word ‘comodo’ in and rebooting, but I still can’t reinstall it, it always says that I have another version installed that I must uninstall first (!)

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem ??

Hi",)

did u already SEARCH all traces of CIS and deleted it? I encountered this problem b4 I search all traces of my Old CIS and things go right. Or else try 2 RESTORE ur PC 1-week backwards then, if Old CIS is visible, uninstall it again and send us feedback here if it works.

:a0 :a0 :a0

Thanks for your reply.
Is ‘CIS’ the full security package ? I only have the free firewall (does that it is running on XP x64 make any difference ? Probably not)

I have only had my PC 2 days, and I just noticed that RESTORE was switched OFF by default.

I have only had my PC 2 days, and I just noticed that RESTORE was switched OFF by default.

Hi",)

just turn it on SYSTEM RESTORE is important during hop to hop troubleshooting.

(:WAV) (:WAV) (:WAV)

Yes, I have just learned that System Restore is very important :slight_smile:

But I would like to have thought that Comodo beat testers would have found this most simple of possible means of shafting installation during the testing phase, so that at least the software would say “you cannot install the software until you have rebooted” (or something along those lines).

Hi",)

Did u finally UNINSTALLED / INSTALLED?

:■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■