can't stop Defense+ from sandboxing safe apps

Hi. I have CIS 5.0.1. RUnning Windows 7 on Packard Bell Easynote TJ71.

CIS sandboxes the following programs, regardless of anything I do to mark them as “safe”, i.e. submitted them & confirmed safe, manually added them to the trusted files list, etc.

• c:\windows\plfseti.exe
  • c:\program files (x86)\quicktime\qttask.exe
  • c:\program files (x86)\videowebcamera\videowebcamera.exe

Any ideas what I’m not doing right??

Hi,

If you are sure these applications are safe, give them the status of installer/updater and checked in Defense + Settings > Sandbox Settings :

• automatically detect installers/updaters and run them outside the sandbox
  • automatically trust files from trusted installers.

Thanks Boris. They appear to be safe. AV Scan shows no issues. When I inspect sandboxed apps under Defense+, if I right-click on the offending executables and select “Online Lookup”, if comes back “safe” and CIS says it has added the details to my local certified files database. However, at next startup, it sandboxes them again. I’ll try declaring them as installer/updaters, but just wondered why it doesn’t seem to be persisting the “safe” status.

Hi Hornster,

here is a bit of reading on the mysteries of the sandbox https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-faq-cis/removing-files-from-the-sandbox-v5-t63856.0.html;msg450546#msg450546

Boris

Mystery solved! It appeared that my installation had become corrupt…probably faulty update. Virus database signature was unknown and virus scanner failed to work. I uninstalled, reinstalled V4 and then updated to latest available, which appears to be 5.3.18. All appears to be OK now.
Thanks for your responses Boris.

Happy to hear everything is running smoothly now.