CANT START COD4 Multiplayer

Hey peoples,

Installed comodo a few days ago.

I just went to play COD4 and it crashes on a black loading page.

A fraction of a second before it goes to the COD4 Loading page, I see the “Allow this…” Comodo box pop up in the bottom right.

I dont have time to check the Allow box before the page goes black and I cant do anything but restart my computer.

Is there a way I can allow the game to be played in Comodo before starting the game and waiting for the Comodo popup?

Any help would be appreciated.

Stu

Hi person :wink:

I just went to play COD4 and it crashes on a black loading page.

A fraction of a second before it goes to the COD4 Loading page, I see the “Allow this…” Comodo box pop up in the bottom right.

I dont have time to check the Allow box before the page goes black and I cant do anything but restart my computer.

Is there a way I can allow the game to be played in Comodo before starting the game and waiting for the Comodo popup?

There is an easy way to do this, but it does come with a caution.

1. Do a right click on the CIS system tray icon.
  2. Select DEFENSE+ SECURITY LEVEL → TRAINING MODE
    Make a note of what your existing level is
  3. Select FIREWALL SECURITY LEVEL → TRAINING MODE
    Make a note of what your existing level is
  4. Start COD4 and connect to your online server
  5. Do all the normal online things - connect to a game, do updates/patches etc.
    Do not start playing a game right now - see CAUTION below
  6. Exit COD4
  7. Reverse steps 2 and 3, setting the levels back to their original settings
  8. You should now be able to start COD4 normally

CAUTION
Using Training Mode opens your system up a fair bit, so it should only be used as and when needed to learn rules. When CIS is in Training Mode, it is learning EVERYTHING (and creating rules that allow all of the learnt events) that is happening on your PC, not just the game in question.

i) Change to Training Mode.
ii) Do only what needs to be done to establish required rules.
iii) Change back from Training Mode to previous mode.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I play COD4 and COD5. ;D
I like them!
But I like COD4 than COD5.
Yeah! Modern Warfare is better!

If you don’t follow this, you will be kicked from Multi play servers constantly.

For COD4.
1.Run COD4 single play, Multi play with “Traning mode” (Firewall/D+)
2.make COD4 exe files(Single play, Multi play) to “Trusted” in the “Network Security Policy” and
“Computer Security Policy”

For Punkbuster.
1.make punkbuster exe file to “Trusted” in the “Network Security Policy” and “Computer Security Policy”
2.go to system32 folder
3.make these to “Trusted” in the “Network Security Policy” and “Computer Security Policy”.
\system32\pnkBstrA.exe
\system32\pnkBstrB.exe

After above.
Make mode to default.
Firewall: safe mode
D+: Clean Pc mode