Can't See Comics at Comics Kingdom

Hi,

I used to be able to see the comics (from Comics Kingdom) linked to in my local online paper. But I no longer can. E.g. here is the link to Bizarro in my local Allentown paper. http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/comics/?feature_id=Bizarro The comic itself simply does not appear. It also does not show when I look at this at another site, like SFGate comics (Comics and Cartoons for the San Francisco Bay Area. - SFGATE)

FWIW, I have the following extensions installed: Adblock, Disconnect, DuckDuckGo, Flashblock, Ghostery, LastPass, RSS Live Links, SmoothGestures, SmoothGestures Plugin, Stylish, Text URL Linker, Webmail Adblocker, WOT, XMarks. (Sorry, I don’t have time to show links for all those ! 88)) I have looked through them and can’t find anything that would suddenly cause the comics at the above site to stop displaying. And I had them all for some time. The comics issue only started recently, and I don’t know how to track down the source of the problem. (Online searches revealed nothing.)

I just thought I’d ask here in case someone recognizes the problem and has any suggestion. :slight_smile:

Thanks !

This sounds like a referrer issue.

Try clicking the dragon’s eye icon in the upper left-hand corner of the browser and select Options. Click Under the Hood and de-select Do not allow websites to know where you came from (Suppress HTTP Referrer header) to see if that makes any difference.

Yes !! ;D That did it ! Thank you !!

I now remember changing that setting some weeks ago. But I hadn’t gone to the comics site for a while after that, so by that time I had forgotten about it.

Next question, is it better to check the referrer option you mentioned and just find another site to read comics ? Or is it (or will it be) possible to modify it on a per-site basis ?

IOW, just how significant is that setting from a privacy standpoint ?

It’s not currently possible to exclude sites on a per-site basis using the built-in referrer header blocking in Dragon. I don’t know if it’s being considered for future releases.

There is an extension called NOREF that allows you to globally block the referrer header and whitelist sites that you wish to allow the header.

Whether or not you wish to block the header is completely up to you. Websites can use this to track users browsing habits. Only you can say whether or not this bothers you.

Okay. Thanks for the information and the help in resolving my issue ! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. :slight_smile: