Can't run Task Manager

Installed Comodo Firewall Pro v3.0.13.268 w/Defence + and found I can not run Task Manager (WinXP SP2). Did I miss a setting somewhere? Or is the problem elsewhere?

Runs for me. Make sure its not blocked in D+ settings. You can add it to the list if its not.

Try updating to the latest CFP 3.0.18.309-lots of bugs were fixed along the way, although this one was not reported.

Sorry sded I didn’t see he was using an older version. (R)

Thanks for the help. Downloaded this version from CNET, tried the update feature - it showed no updates. Downloaded the latest version straight from Comodo, didn’t fix the problem. Did fix it manually by following these instructions: Method 3
Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe
Navigate to the following branch:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies\ System
In the right-pane, delete the value named DisableTaskMgr
Close Regedit.exe

I don’t recall making any other changes other than adding Comodo.
In a Google search saw someone blamed Comodo for this type of problem.
Like the program otherwise, not sure if it was the problem.

All I have ever done was install Comodo and it works. As in matter of fact i did a test tonight to see what would happen. i did a complete uninstall of Comodo using Revo Uninstaller in Advanced mode. Reinstalled Comodo and guess what. No problems with anything at Comodo is at default settings.

Hmm… Malware of some kind can do such thing, CFP protect that registry value from changes…
Maybe you should scan your system with some antimalware program for assurance

Yeah, you probably got malware. Some of them disable the Task Manager and the Registry Editor in the registry to complicate the removal process.