Can't remove application that records "memory accesses" in D+ Event Log

MS mouse driver ipoint.exe records a “memory access” violation every few seconds in the event log. I’ve tried everything under the sun in the “computer security policy” section to prevent this from happening. Is there a way to remove an application from the list in computer security policy section??

Did you try the following as well:
Select Defense+ -->Advanced → Computer Security Policy.
Scroll down to Comodo Internet Security, select Edit → Protection Settings.
Interprocess memory Access (Active Yes) select Modify → Add -->Now use Running Processes or Browse to point to the concerned file(s) .
Then just “Apply” to each window as you exit.

That did it Eric–you are the man!! Now, this piece of info needs to be placed in the help file where it can be found. I looked and looked, and did not find anything that suggested this (perhaps I missed it, but I doubt it). I suspect others may have this same problem. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Hi churlok.

This page has helped me many times, look for problem # 9. it is what EricJH told you to do:

https://forums.comodo.com/install_setup_configuration_guides/troubleshooting_cis-t30083.0.html

Also you will find members with similar cases. Just in the past week.

https://forums.comodo.com/defense_help/defense_blocks_2000_items_in_7_hours-t48613.0.html
https://forums.comodo.com/defense_help/superantispyware_entries_in_d_log-t48525.0.html

It is just a matter of doing a little research and trial and error. I hope this does not come across the wrong way. I am not criticizing you because I have done it too. I have asked questions that an answer has been posted one or three threads below. Peace.

Thanks, point well taken. I did do a search in the forums first, but the issue was how to phrase the search string so one could find it! Like “computer security policy” “memory access”, etc. It’s tough to drill down to find what one needs. But you both provided what I needed, problem solved. Thanks. (side note: I suspect this problem was causing another quite more serious problem, and once I verify it, I will report the nature of the bug here so others may benefit from it.)

As I stated earlier, this problem was a cause of a much more serious problem. Once a day, maybe every other day when the screen saver kicked in, I would experience a lock up. It typically caused a lost of keyboard input, where sometimes the mouse pointer could be moved, but no response to a “click.” I would always have to do a power off reset. I fought this problem for a long time as there was no dump file, no event logged, no nothing that might indicate it was a Comodo problem. I don’t remember how I tracked it down, but it had something to do with ipoint.exe, MS’s mouse app, but when I was browsing the Comodo logs, I saw the problem.

So some heads up, if you have occasional lock ups/no response problems, check out the D+ logs. Of course if you are reading this by now, you have already made the connection that Comodo was the culprit…

Hitting the nail on the head here… :-TU

This thread helped me, too.
I had exactly the same problem with a “spammed” log from ts3client_w64.exe and LWEMon.exe (TeamSpeak3 and Logitech Joystick Software).

With the new update from yesterday the GUI in CIS changed (much better now) and so the “tutorial” should be changed, too.
Just a tip. I found the settings, but someone other woun’t perhaps :wink:

Just a little bugreport:

I solved my little problem with your help here in this thread.
Then I cleared the log of D+ but the mainpage (Summary) still shows
“Defence+ has blocked 161” intrusion(s) so far.

No problem for me but a little cosmetic failure :wink:

I mentioned this with your exact same words, in a topic related to this, when my Logitech SetPoint software was flooding my D+ log with an Access Memory event. To fix it, right click the CIS icon, choose exit, and reopen it via your shortcut in your desktop. The counter should reset to 0 then. :wink:

I did. Thats why I sayed its just cosmetic :wink:

Something changed with an update a few weeks ago.
So I describe how I solved this:

  1. Open COMODO Interface.
    1a. (If u have non english language, change language for this to better understand what I do).
    1a. (Changing language: More / Preferences / Appearence).
  2. Select “Defence+”.
  3. Select “Computer Security Policy”.
  4. Scroll down to “Comodo Internet Security” and select, than click on “Edit…” button.
  5. Click the “Customize” link.
  6. Click the “Mofify” link at “Interprocess Memory Accesses”.
  7. (If your problem-process(es) does not run now, start it now).
    7a. Click the “Add” button and then “Running Processes…”.
  8. Choose your problem-process and click “select” button.
    8a. (If you have more processes to select, continue with 7a until you got them all.)
  9. Click “OK”.
  10. Switch from “Access Rights” to “Protection Settings” tab.
  11. Continue with steps 6 to 8.
  12. Click “Apply”, “OK”, “Apply”, “OK” until all windows are closed.
  13. Click “View Defence+ Events” and than the “Refresh” button a few times.
    There should be no more spamming now.
    You can clean the protocoll with “more…” button.
    Select “Entire Period” on top, then click “File” and select “Clear”.
    You can clear all your protocolls here if you want.
  14. (If you changed language, follow step 1a again ;D

I hope that helps some poeple.
PS: Greetings to Mark (a friendly Geek Buddy). This solved it :wink: