Can't install. Why?

That’s based on the assumption that Alex has an existing CFP 3 version that’s conflicting, but he does not.

I want, but don’t have, but don’t may. :frowning: :slight_smile:
Previous was Agnitum Outpost.

Give 64bit a Try and see what pops up…

64-bit program on 32-bit system? Why?!

Well.Tomorrow. 9 Jun 2008.

Try download file from official site CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x32.exe and got from my antivirus DrWeb 4.44

message what about: this file contain infected object - Adware.Msearch.123

??? What is it ???

64-bit version - silly.

Don’t worry about that, It’s a false positive. When installing cpf you have the OPTION to install there search toolbar… When searching with it your giving comodo a little bit of money.

Thanx.
Relax! :smiley:

I’m really bugged about it not being able to be installed on your machine… Have you tried an earlier version?

Yes.
I try CFP_Setup_3.0.23.364_XP_Vista_x32.exe
and CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x32.exe

In evening try CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x64.exe! On 32-bit system! :smiley:

The Adware.Msearch.123 is indeed a “false positive”. I suggest that you don’t install the toolbar, so you normally won’t have this problem. However, I do think that you have a 64 bit version…

Go to this site and if it gives you this warning

Warning: You cannot upgrade unless you have the 64-bit Windows operating system running on a 64-bit capable PC
We’re sure that you use 64 bit. After settled this out, you can download the correct installer and install WITHOUT THE TOOLBAR .
If so use the 64 bit installer from here
If not use 32 bit try the beta and see if it works out : the ‘new’ beta with threatcast ← 32 bit :P0l

I hope I could help you, but this should provide you with enough information

Xan

When I went to this site (http://www.windowsmarketplace.com) I got this warning -
“Warning: You cannot upgrade unless you have the 64-bit Windows operating system running on a 64-bit capable PC”

When I’m try install 64-bit version (CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x64.exe (Newly downloaded))
I see message from installer:

“Error 0 running command .\CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x64.exe”

and that’s all. Finished. Stopped. Cancelled. Escaped. Aborted. :(:(:frowning:

My system is 32-bit (OS Kernel Type - Multiprocessor Free (32-bit))

I don’t now what can I do also. :(:(:frowning:

Did somebody except myself change my post? ??? Because all 32 bits are changed in 64 and vice versa >:(.

@ onalex, you’re definitely running 32 bit, sorry after read some strange posts I just needed to be sure. But as stated here

Try download file from official site CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x32.exe and got from my antivirus DrWeb 4.44

message what about: this file contain infected object - Adware.Msearch.123

You do can install the 32 bit, try again please but do not install the toolbar wich gives this FP :), then post back if it works out, or if it failed again.

Xan

Installation breaking in beginning, not ask “Install toolbar or no”

Download Comodo firewall from the Comodo site only. Then try this, disable any security product. Then install it but don’t install the toolbar.

Hope this helps (finally :))

Xan

Any diagnosic utils and any tweaker program, such as XP Tweaker for example, say what about:

“You have Windows 2000 Professional (5.0.2195)” !!!

Miracle! Delirium! Ravings! Gibberish! Absurdity!

May be this is the root of my problem with CFP!!! :BNC

Erm… yep having W2k rather than XP would be a slight problem for CFP 3.

Hang on… confused… you said multiple times that you had XP Pro & you even posted a System Properties screen shot to prove it. Where does W2k fit into this?

Yeah what’s going on here ???

Maybe you have too many PC’s that you confused which is which ;D
Or maybe you installed XP on top of W2K instead of a fresh format.

I have WinXP SP3! Absolutly! 100% - don’t return to this. Fresh. Installed in February.

This situation (may be) from there: any hardware (ex. scaner MUSTEK MFS-12000SP ) havn’t driver for WinXP, but have for W2K.

And to install this driver - change system ID (string value ProductName at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion) to W2k, install and then change it back.

May be, may be…

But in this place I check - that’s all right (WinXP). May be other places?

Search in progress… :slight_smile:

Hmm… I wonder if the W2k driver install broke/mangled XPs CatRoot DB? Does Windows Update still work?