Can't Install Comodo Firewall or Comodo Internet Security latest version 8

Hi,

I recently tried out some other anti virus products and did not like them, to the point I wish to go back to Comodo and buy a copy of the full package with the Geekbuddy service. Despite trying Qihoo 360 and other programs I just feel Comodo for some reason works better, the HIPS, the sandbox and other things I honestly think this is the best overall program out there for the price. But I can’t install Comodo

My problem is since uninstalling Comodo I cannot install Comodo again - Comodo tells me I need to uninstall Comodo with add / remove programs. I have done all these things: -

1. Uninstall using Windows “add / remove programs”
  2. Used I/O Bit System Care to clean the system.
  3. Used CCleaner to clean the registry.

If I install either Comodo firewall or Comodo Internet Security Geekbuddy / CHromodo etc will install but not the firewall or the antivirus.

I am not a techie user but know my way around computers well enough to know what I am doing most of the time, but Comodo will not install. Is there any way of being able to download the version of Comodo - that came out before this new version came out and see if it will work? I did reinstall with an older version of Comodo which worked before but that version is not available from the Comodo site now as there is a new one.

I have read that lots of other people are having problems with installing Comodo on their computers using the new version. Is there a chance that anyone can help? I can’t think of what else to do. I have tried using the Comodo uninstaller program from one thread I found that has achieved nothing. Until I can get Comodo back on my system I am stuck with QIhoo 360 which isn’t bad but it’s not the system I want to use.

If anyone can help or advise I hope to hear from them.

Best Regards,

Rick

Hi subsahara,
See if the suggestions in the link below help.
Most Effective Way to Reinstall/Update CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems

Also run any available cleanup tools for previous antivirus programs from the link below.
Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus software-Eset

If all of the above fails, you can select previous versions of CIS in the drop down menu of the external link below.
Comodo Internet Security-Filehorse

Hope that helps.

I have tried using older versions of Comodo Internet Security and it does not work. I have done a complete registry clean / deep clean via IoBit Advanced SystemCare PRO (not the free version) and yet even now Comodo Internet Security will not install.

This is a shame. As I do feel Comodo offers the best software but it seems lots of people are reporting bugs and cannot install the program.

I really wish Comodo would fix these issues as I do not feel there is a free antivirus products that matches Comodo - I tried other products now and wish I hadn’t - but now I cannot go back :frowning:

Please can Comodo make sure the next new version of CIS will install properly.

Cheers

Rick

Can you try this Microsoft Program install and Uninstall troubleshooter and see if that helps: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/290301 ?

It is the successor of Windows Installer Clean Up utility that Chiron’s guide mentions.

I just went and manually searched and deleted remaining Comodo files - not sure if that is the right thing to do . . . . .

I am going to try and download Comodo older versions and see if that works - but really Comodo should just install - this is not good it should not work.

I have Baidu Antivirus 2015 running now and apparently that is compatible to run alongside Comodo according to the Chinese I work with and Baidu’s own website so I can use Comodo / Avira Engine from Baidu and Baidu together - sounds crazy but cool.

One thing I am wondering.

Does any other antivirus or security solution on the market use Default Deny? How do the other companies products handle the unknown files?

Surely if Comodo have such a unique technology and it is a marketing advantage for them other companies would just copy the idea?