Can't install, Can't uninstall Comodo

Hi,

Defense+ messed up an application that was trying to execute. Even though I told it to allow all the processes apparently the application regarded the interference as an error and was permanently damaged. I couldn’t reinstall it either. Even with Comodo shut down. So I did a system restore to an earlier point. The application is fine now, but Comodo isn’t. It showed error messages that a process was not running, offered to fix it and restart the system, said the problem had been fixed but continued showing the message. So I figure, the heck with this. Just reinistall Comodo. So I ran the Comodo uninstaller. That seemed to go fine. Restarted the system. Tried to reinstall Comodo but the install program informed me that Comodo “is already installed on your system.” So I followed instructions and tried to run the cfg something or other -u from the DOS command prompt. That went well except the file was not there. Finally I went directly to the various directories and deleted them, then cleaned the registry and leftover files with CCleaner. Then restarted and tried to reinstall. Comodo installer still sees Comodo as already on the system. What the heck can I do now? Use Windows Firewall? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for any help,

Dave

Hi,

Just wanted to report this problem solved. Although after uninstalling I ran CCleaner I decided to double check the registry. I ran regedit and searched for “comodo”. I found a number of items, deleted them and the install ran without a hitch.

Having loved and used Comodo for years I feel I have a right to comment here. The developers know very well where Comodo does or doesn’t make registry entries. I ran the Comodo uninstall utility. It’s not too much to expect (of any uninstall program) that it remove itself completely from the system without leaving “garbage” behind. McAfee and Symantec are both notorious for this and it is one reason I stay away from them.

Dave