Cant get AV to update

I’m a brand new novice user. Installation seemed to go fine and product worked well for about 2 days. Now I’m being warned that the AV needs to be updated. Yet, when I click to update, I get an error message reading: Failed to update viru8s signature database. Check your internet connection or try later." My connection is fine. This error message has now shown for 3 days. Why won’t the AV update, and why the message re the internet connection? How do I fix this?

What version of CIS are you using? Look under Miscellaneous → About.

Hi. Got the same problem.

I already tried to update but no newer version available.
I did reinstall everything → same effect

My version is 3.13.126709.581
It also shows a registration number, so everything should be ok i think :wink:

I’ve also had the same problem for some time now, CIS version 3.8.65951.477.

Previously tried uninstalling and reinstalling. That resulted in a newer update than 1/5/10, but now the latest update is 1/10/10.

Any suggestions other than reinstalling?

Are you talking about trying to update your av definitions or the program? ??? You’ve got me confused.

You are using an older version of CIS that doesn’t get updates for the AV anymore. Please update to the latest version. You can get it here: COMODO Internet Security 3.13.126709.581 Released. Due to changes under the hood you cannot export your old configuration and import it in the new version.

new version 3.13.126709.586 can not update av.

sucks >:(

The latest version is 3.14.129887.586. Is this the version you are referring to?

Please try the following. Uninstall CIS, reboot and run this clean up tool. Now try installing again. Use the latest 3.14 and get it from COMODO Internet Security 3.14.129887.586 released.

You can export your configuration before uninstalling and import it in the fresh install. You can do that under Miscellaneous → Manage my configurations.

Amazing that the link there only shows version 3.13.125662.579. Especially since I until recently had 3.13.126709.581 and JUST updated to: 3.14.129887.586 even though I have “Automatically check program for updates” checked, manual check for updates got me to that version.

[at]Kumu,

Please do not double, triple or quadruple post on the same topic, even if the duplicates are in other topics.

Your amazement has been noted. :wink:

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

EricJH, I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I am finally updated. Thank you for volunteering your time helping us rookies with maintaining our computers!

Hi there!
I still have the same problem. I am usind WinXP SP3.
Just did the steps EricJH recommended (de-installation, reboot, run clean up tool as admin, reboot, installation of CIS_Setup_3.14.130099.587_XP_Vista_x32.exe, reboot).
Still no update of virus database possible. Updater shows 5% of progress, then quits with notice I should check my internet connection :wink:

What could I do now?

Cheers,
Sebastian

Can you try again? May be the servers had a temporary glitch.

Or you can try Where can i download the latest full AV database? and see if you can download the incremental updates afterwards.

hi EricJH,

tried it already twice :slight_smile: (de-installation, clean tool, re-installation).
Yesterday I also downloaded the latest full database (3778), did all the steps to update the bases file manually. Still same behaviour, just tried to update again a few minutes ago. So also no incremental updates.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Try disabling other security program that are running in the background. Does that make a difference?