Can't forward SSH Tunnel connection to LAN (Socks 5)

Condition:
-. Using Puty to forward a tunneling connection (Socks 5) from gateway (Router-CPU) to LAN
-. ICS works like a charm
-. CPF: On = Client can’t resolve (Can’t browse, etc…)
-. CPF: Off = Client can resolve

Any rules I need to add?
…since I can’t find any “SOCKS” port definition on CPF…

#UPDATE#
I change the Application’s rules to :
-. Allow all activities…
-. Allow invicible…
-. Skip advanced…

And somehow it works…quite…S…L…O…W…
The Google’s front page completed to load after a minute or so.
In normal condition, I can get a complete Gamespot site at 10 to 20 seconds.

*. Somehow, only IE can resolve the connection.
*. Firefox/Opera = Still No Luck!

What are the following values :

• Security->Advanced->Secure against trojan protocols,
  • Security->Advanced->Secure the host while booting
  • Security->Advanced->Monitor DNS Requets

if they are enabled, make sure you have them disabled(And restart your PC after you change those values).

If they are disabled and you are still getting errors, please do the following :

1- Go to Security->Network Monitor
2- Double click on the last rule i.e. BLOCK IP IN FROM ANY TO ANY…
3- Select “Create an alert when this rule is fired” option

After applying these settings, please retry and send your logs to us so that we can see what is going on.

Egemen

I just disbale the “Secure the host…”, and reboot the computer, and it works like a charm.
Thanks, egemen.

Still…
I wonder, if there’ll be any option regarding this “Socks” type connection? Or do I have to “Allow all activities…” for this kinda connection all the time?
And…
It seems that almost every problem I read on this forum contains a “program vs connection” will resolve to this “Allow all activities…” thing. Isn’t there any solutions to this?
Also…
Can you guys consider to put some “on-mouse-over” balloon kinda thing? So when I mouse-over any options like “Secure the host…” it’ll pop some nice explanation to what is that option gonna do to our system. Because… I fail to understand what is “Skip advanced check…” stand for?? …what does it check? …and what horror might loose if I uncheck it?
That’s…
INTIMIDATING!

*. Linux, FreeBSD, etc… they’re good. But INTIMIDATING! …you don’t wanna end up like one.
*. I still have the “Secure against trojan…” & “Monitor DNS…” checked.
*. I guess CPF blocks the redirection progress in regards, that “dynamic-tunneling” sometimes can be consider as spoofing the real connection. …I think you knows better, than I do.

For socks redirection, you may need to set up additional network rules and it can work. You dont have to allow all.

please do the following :

1- Go to Security->Network Monitor
2- Double click on the last rule i.e. BLOCK IP IN FROM ANY TO ANY…
3- Select “Create an alert when this rule is fired” option

After applying these settings, please retry and send your logs to us so that we can see what CPF is blocking.

Egemen

I think the problem lies in that “Secure the host…” thing.
Once I get rid of that option and set the Application rule back to it’s default, it works.
Thx Egemen.