Can't export Configuration Settings

When I try to export my configuration settings, I get the error shown in the image. I installed the software as the administrator, and my user profile has administrative privileges. Anyone know why I would receive this error?

Thanks,

Dave

[attachment deleted by admin]

If you’re running Vista or Windows 7 the easiest way to export is to close CIS and relaunch as Admin. Alternatively, you could try with a temporarily disabled UAC.

IN my experience, running as admin does nothing but let you output empty settings since you created all of your rules under a different user. Or at least something fails each time I try to export my laboriously and meticulously created rules (Custom Policy Mode and IP/Port level firewall), and then reimport them when I upgrade, they have invariably disappeared. In general the export/import stuff is a mess: There should be one export that exports everything, and then an options list of what you want to use from and import file.

My guess is disabling the UAC is the only sure way to get your stuff to export and import properly.

IN my experience, running as admin does nothing but let you output empty settings since you created all of your rules under a different user

Hi, I was actually referring to the ‘Run as Administrator’ option as opposed to logging on separately, using this method works.