Can't create restore points in Windows Update etc

Hi.

I’m having some difficulties updating my OS. Every time I try to update by using Windows Update, the installer fails. It seems that it is unable to create a restore point before updating.
The same error happens when I update Paint.NET.

How can I fix this?

• Dennis

Did you disable (or automatically disabled) the Windows System Restore when you’ve installed CTM?
Windows Update does not need to have the System Restore enabled to work.

I don’t know, and I can’t seem to find anything about it in the CTM settings…

Which Operating system do you have?

and What version of CTM?

Jake

I’m running Windows 7 x64 and CTM 2.8.155286.178

Any suggestions on this one?

Sorry for the delay of responding; (I had a major headache a few moments ago)

Go to Start > Right click Computer > Prop > system protection > create system restore point
name it something anything … > Ok > Ok/Close

then go to Start > cleanmgr > Right click once it is shown above the start menu > run as admin

Once Completed > More Options > Clean up (system restore)
-this will clear all but recent restore point-
then click Ok once completed;

Restart > Try To Update Once Again

Hope this helps

Jake

It returns an error…

It says that there’s not enough space , even though I just deleted at least 20 restore points in CTM.
error code: (0x8004231F)

Are you using CTM 2.9 beta or TM 2.8?

Try compacting CTM snapshots or removing older ones.

My previous threads says that I’m using CTM 2.8.155286.178 and I already deleted all of them.

Hi… I suggest you unintall CTM first, then try updating OS through Windows Update again.

Also, if you want to reinstall CTM later, try the 2.9Beta, a lot of bugs found on previous versions have been fixed in this latest beta version. And try not to make too many snapshots…
I just set CTM to make 1 snapshot everyweek and delete snapshots that are 60 days old. So at the maximum I’ll have around 10 snapshots on the protected partition at any moment. (I installed CTM on C drive with 13G free space)

Good Luck.

Where do I find the 2.9 Beta version?

Hob… you may find 2.9beta inside the first thread of " Beta Corner ".

After using it for a while, do come back and give some feed-back as to the pros n cons of it, so others may share your experience.

Direct Download (for users having the same need): https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-ctm/comodo-time-machine-29161985187-beta-released-t61409.0.html

Thank you very much :slight_smile: I will see if this solves my problem…