Can't clean a virus unless I do another virus scan?

So I have two trojans on my computer. I had a chance to talk to someone to help me remove it or remove it myself. Me, being a computer tech, I can remove it myself. But then when I clicked on that option the window closed and I didn’t have a chance to clean it. I went all through your CIS interface and the only way I could remove it using the antivirus was to do another scan. This laptop has a rather slow processor so it takes two hours to scan. Do you guys REALLY not have a way to clean the computer without doing a second scan in the event that the window for the result closes? If this is the case, this is a major setback for anyone who is using a low-end laptop.

This is a serious point of concern, most of the times skips unheard from the minds and ears of Comodo Devs. ??? ??? ???

If a scan fails or does not complete due to any reason, there is no way we can get back to the results, or clean the found malware, unless we do a second scan.

Really annoying, just in case a full scans fails or is cancelled in the middle which has run for 5 hrs, we have wasted all the time. No way to recover the results, No “found uncleaned threats” tab or similar function.

Comodo Devs should be paying more more attention to this, at least by now… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

That is truly annoying if there is no other way than having to scan again. I would call that a bug. Please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Do you need removing the two trojans by hand?

Hi EricJH,

It is more appropriate to call it a “feature lack” rather than a bug. It is a missing “must have” feature, implemented in almost all other AVs.

I do not think a special bug report filing is necessary, as it can be reproduced everywhere, on every computer with any version of CAV.

Steps are simple,

1. Start a scan on a folder with known samples
  2. Let it find some of the viruses
  3. Before the completion of the scan, just switch off the system (or Force restart)
  4. After restart, you will have no trace of the previous on demand scan or the found threats.
  5. You do not need to Restart even, simply close the results window without taking any decision (Not clicking clean or ignore),
    it asks whether you want to review the results YES/NO,
    there is no option to review later,
    Now, if you search in the main window, absolutely no traces of found malware information.

Therefore, I consider this as a lack of feature implementation rather than a bug, but it needs immediate attention.

The one solution I found to avoid this from happening is to set CIS to automatically quarantine when it finds something, that way I can review it later. This seems to be the best way around it until Comodo somehow resolves this issue.

I’d like to add that I am so impressed by the firewall and antivirus engine that I ended up installing Comodo CIS on my gaming desktop computer. To my delight, it has found spyware that even ad-aware has missed.

A word of caution here. There is a danger that when a Windows system file gets falsely seen as malware you could end up worst case with a non working computer.

I'd like to add that I am so impressed by the firewall and antivirus engine that I ended up installing Comodo CIS on my gaming desktop computer. To my delight, it has found spyware that even ad-aware has missed.
It is always good to scan with multiple scanners.There is so much malware being produced these days no program can catch them all at any given time.

Thanks for the advice. As a computer tech I am aware of the consequences of such an event, however with the way my system is set up such an occurrence would be easily remedied. :slight_smile:

Exactly. My back up scanners on my desktop are MSE, Malwarebytes, and Ad-Aware. Of course, I don’t have them all active at once. I only turn them on when I want to do a scan.

I see you know the basics being a computer tech. :-TU