Can't change servers

Hey guys,
I installed TC today and had a couple of issues eg it wouldn’t connect. Anyway it started to work (and that was not done by me) but in the advanced options I can not change the server status. It is on “automatically select best server” and the rest is greyed out. I would like to have the option of selecting a ndifferent server as the one chosen by TC automatically is veeeeeery slow. Can anyone help me with this problem
shadha

Probably you’r subscribed to free TC service which has “server choice” option blocked.

Even if you could change servers, the fact that you have introduced an encryption layer AND a redirect via proxy to the mixis always going to introduce overhead. It’s an unfortunate fact of life. Being able to change to a closer server would reduce this this, but there will still be a bit of lag.

Like most things to do with PCs, it’s a constant compromise between convenience and security.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I have the same issue with this selection of server missing since I had to re-install Trustconnect this weekend.

I can appreciate that if I am a new user that I may be treated differently, but as a long time user since beta days I find it a bit galling to lose the UK service that I frequently requested and eventually was given access to!

Please open ‘Advanced options’ then choose ‘I want to connect to server’.
Select the server which you want to set as default and click the ‘Select’ button.

Thanks, but perhaps i was not clear from the start…

Under Advanced Options this selection of server is now greyed out, but before it was OK before I had to re-install of Trustconnect on my laptop this last weekend. So it seems that this is either a removed function for me >:( or there is something in the registry that needs tweaking to allow me to once again choose the UK server rather than being automatically selected to go via the very slow US servers.

Any suggestions? I already raised to support, but they came back with the same answer, so I had to re-explain more clearly. :wink: