Cannot update. Error Report always appearing. Please help.

As the title states, it’s been a few days now and I still cannot update my Comodo Firewall. After 10 minutes or so after startup, a Comodo Internet Security Error Report window would pop-up everytime Comodo Firewall would try to update. After noticing this, I chose to update it manually so I opened Comodo, went to More and clicked on Check for Updates but again, the same error report window would appear. Even if I click on the Don’t Send button, the Updater would just say “Checking for updates” and this would go on forever and I’d just have to abort update later on. I still cannot update my Comodo Firewall upto now. Please help. I’ve put a picture to give some visual aid.

[attachment deleted by admin]

From the information you have given I am not clear whether this is a bug/issue.

For the moment I will transfer you to help so you can work through this issue with users and mods in this forum and hopefully resolve it. I hope that is OK.

Please ask any mod to move this report back to the bugs forum if it becomes clear that it is a bug/issue.

Best wishes

Mouse

In my opinion the easiest fix is probably to uninstall it and then reinstall it. To do this please follow the advice I give in this post.

Note that if you have made a lot of rules for applications you may want to export your configuration before uninstalling. Then, after the new one is installed, you can import your old configuration. This way you won’t have to recreate any rules.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

I have reinstalled Comodo Firewall twice. The first time, I exported and imported my previous settings but still the problem persisted. Then I reinstalled again without any importing done but still, the same problem. Until now, I cannot update my firewall when I click Check for Updates. Help please

This crash would be worth a bug report. If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.