Cannot start ultrasurf proxy utility

Using CIS 5.0.162636.1135 I cannot start my ultrasurf proxy anymore. The older version u998.exe works only in Internet security mode, but the newest version u999.exe works in neither Internet or Proactive mode. When I run the single executable nothing happens, no prompts from Comodo, nothing in the logs, both executables have been trusted. Don’t know what else to try?

Try the workaround as described in App. is not working correctly, but does not seem to be s/boxed. What to do? [v5] and see if that brings a solution.

Thanks for the quick response Eric. The following step worked from your link above.
“The application may hook into the operating system in ways that conflict with CIS. There is no reliable way of identifying such programs, though a few generate buffer overflow Defense plus event log entries. The problems with many such applications can be resolved by making them exceptions on the Defense+ ~ Defense+ settings ~ Image execution control ~ Exclusions list and rebooting. This works even if there is no buffer overflow log entry”.

Thank You

Let’s thank Mousse1 for this wonderful piece of work. (:CLP)