Cannot run AutoCad 2010 after installing Comodo Firewall [Merged]

hi , i am having a problem with comodo firewall , after installing the firewall i cannot start autocad 2010 or 3dmax 2010 at all it is showing fatal error message, uninstalling the firewall solved the problem…

is there any way to fix this problem , i really like the product…

thanks…

See if the programs get sandboxed. Look in the D+ logs (Defense + → Common Tasks → View Defense + Events.

A relevant topic on autocad, here.

Still not fully resolved, but there’s a work around. Hopefully your logs will tell us more.

Best wishes

Mouse

hi , and thanks for the help , i can run acad and 3dmax from the sandbox…
i tried everything like adding acad.exe to the safe files and as well the max.exe , but still the same problem…

in this case i think it is better for me to switch temporary to another product , until comodo solve this issues with the 3dmax and cad files…

what do you think !!! because i really like the product , but in the same time my work is on auto-cad and 3dmax , and i cannot sacrifice these 2 programs…

if is there is any other solution , then please help …
again , thank you…

I’m happy to work with you to solve the problem, or establish that it is a bug, if you like. Or mabe EricJH will if you prefer. Especially since there are quite a lot of users involved.

Lets start with autocad.

As EricJH said, to address it systematically you’ll first need to post screenshots of your D+ logs, showing the log entries when you run autocad. Also I’d like you install a microsoft program called process explorer. Just Google it. This program allows you to see exactly what is happening when you run Autocad.

Also, could you tell me does autocad require a key CD in the drive when you start it?

Best wishes

Mouse

hi again ,and thanks for your help.

When trying to run autocad 2010I get the following message:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xb794004 Exception at b2cbe2dh
This occurs as soon as Auto-cad flags up on screen before the program opens.

regarding the 3dmax 2010, when i tried to open the 3dmax , i got nothing at all , no error message nothing , it just wont open at all…

i am running windows xpsp3 in a dual boot machine with windows7 ultimate, i am currently using acad and max on the xp OS along with comodo firewall , honestly i am not sure if i installed comodo along with acad2010 and max2010 on windows7 will give the same issues or not …

do you know if i installed comodo on win7 along with cad and max will solve the problem or not?

thank you very much for your help… :wink:

hi , this is what it showing when trying to open acad.exe

[attachment deleted by admin]

OK I’ll take that as a yes, then :slight_smile:

I’m downloading the trial version now, but this may not help if the trial version has no licensing service.

So could you navigate to D+ ~ Common tasks ~ view D+ events please. Then post a screen-shot of your logs, indicating the time when you started Autocad.

If you can also install process explorer (see above) then we can start to sort out what is wrong.

Best wishes

Mike

hi , this is the defence+ event log…

thanks

OK Autocad is definitely being sandboxed, presumably automatically? So please do the following:

1. go to my pending files, select all the autocad files, and all other files that you trust, choose ‘Move To’, then choose My Safe Files.

2. Go to My Safe Files choose ‘Add’ browse to the directory, then add the directory. This will add all the files in the directory.

3. REboot

This may not solve the problem, but will set a known baseline. Please restart Autocad, and post the logs (with all info revealed, and a time of starting autocad please :)).

If the problem persists, you will need to install process explorer to have the best chance of resolving it. Are you happy to do this? I can guide you through using it.

Good luck

Best wishes

Mouse

hi , and thank you for your help…
when i am going to my pending file , there is no file at all to move it to the safe file, i will send you the image …

i can run autocad and 3dmax 2010 inside the sandbox normaly without any problem…but if you want to run the application from the start menu it wont…

in any ways , thank you again for your help and support …

Thanks, strange. But please still try 2 & 3 above & post the log screen shots, then install process explorer. It’s important to ensure that the complete D+ logs (all the info in all columns) is showing.

Many thanks

Mouse

OH when you run it to log it, please do so from the shortcut.

(I know it works sandboxed and virtualised!)

Best wishes

Mouse

hi ,

i think i will quit trying , and i will change for the time been to another firewall product until comodo find a solution to this problem ,

and if you find any solution in the future for this issues , you can tell me about it …

and again thank you very very much for your help and support…

OK a pity because a lot of people need a solution to this, all we need is someone to work with to identify the problem!

Best wishes

Mouse

Is there anyone willing to work with us to resolve this?

Just need a volunteer who is willing to install some monitoring software from Microsoft and post D+ logs

:slight_smile:

Mouse

Guys having installed Autocad (11), watched what calls what with reference to licencing, and reviewed this trace I think there is a good chance that the following will work:

1. Apply the installer/updater predefined policy to the following files using the computer security policy:
  • acad.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Adlm\R1\LMU.exe
  1. REBOOT

Basically you are allowing these files admin like access to the registry.

Another less secure approach would be to delete HKLM\system\ControlSet???\Services* from My Protected Registry Keys. and REBOOT. You do this via My Protected Registry Keys ~ Groups. This is probably less likely to be effective, but worth trying in addition to the other if the other fails.

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Mouse

Another solution would be to upgrade to AutoCAD 11. The trial version starts OK on my machine. (XP Pro 32bit).

Best wishes

Mouse

1. Apply the installer/updater predefined policy to the following files using the computer security policy:
  • acad.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Adlm\R1\LMU.exe
  1. REBOOT

I have tried the above predefined policy but I could not find “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Adlm\R1\LMU.exe”

I have downloaded process explorer but need some guidance to use it.

Regards