Cannot run a Scan

Hey all i am very new to Comodo so please bear with me :slight_smile:

Last night when I was setting up the program, i specifically remember an option under Defense+ to scan my computer. That option has disappeared. Is this normal? If not, how can i fix it?

Also, not sure if this belongs here, but is there a certain configuration I should keep Comodo on? I have avg free also if that helps.

Thanks!

are you using the antivirus too or just the firewall/defense+ ?

All I downloaded was the Firewall. That was why I had that second question.

personally from the info I have seen I would drop avg free and use the total CIS product. The main reason is that AVG free does not offer root-kit protection while comodo does. Also the scan you saw was basically a scan when you first install comodo and what it does is that it scans your computer with the av engine.

Are you sure AVG does not do rootkits? i thought I saw it during a scan.

But I saw a scan during the installation yes, but there was another once the installation was done. Im pretty sure it was the first option under the Defense + tab.

avg free will find rootkits but it will not fix them. check it out Free Antivirus Download for PC | AVG Virus Protection Software

I think that scan has been taken out. I don’t have it either. Also what version of comodo are you using?

I don’t know sorry. I downloaded it yesterday, so I’m not really familiar with it.
So you would recommend using Comodo antivirus instead of avg?

against avg yes, it is being updated daily with lots of signatures and the next 6 months should be exciting. Also on May 12 a new official version is coming out. To find out what version you have go to the misc tab and click about, it should list the product version right there. I am part of the malware research group here and I am constantly uploading the newest samples of malware to comodo so detection rates should be great compared to where they were even a week ago. In the end it is your decision on what you want to do.

and I just want my computer to be as safe as it can.

3.9 will be coming out so I would definitely update when it comes out. What I would do is give it a try and see how you like it. All you have to do is uninstall avg. Once that is done, just rerun the original comodo installer and use the modify feature, using that it will let you add on the av. Than get the signature update (it is big so it will take some time) and run a scan. See what comes up.

Thank you, I will do that. Thanks for the help.

Oh one more thing. For the firewall, when you right click the icon in the tray, it says configuration. Which one should I keep it set on?

I keep mine on internet security. Also let us know if you have any problems or questions.