Cannot open Nero Express [Resolved]

I’ve now installed Comodo Firewall Pro for the second time and am having the same problem as the first time. I’ve followed all the instructions for installation and on the surface everything seems fine. I’m able to access the internet, download/upload torrents and continue about my normal computer life. Except for one thing - Nero. When Comodo is installed Nero Express won’t open. If I uninstall it then it will run as normal. There are no error messages upon trying to open Nero and I haven’t asked the firewall to block it. Hopefully someone out there can help me. Here are my details:

• The version of Comodo Firewall Pro Installed - Version 2.4.18.184
  • Your Internet connection type (dial-up/cable/Direct connection/LAN etc) - LAN (I think - I’m behind a router)
  • Operating system and Service Pack Level - XP SP2
  • How you are logging in to the OS (Admin, User) - Admin
  • Other Security applications installed (AV, AS, HIPS etc) - NOD32 AntiVirus, SpyBot and AdAware installed but not currently running.
  • Security related applications which have been removed/disabled before installing CFP - Armor2Net removed and then Jetico (Freeware version) aslo removed.
  • Security related application which have been removed/disabled after installing CFP - none.
  • Detail the problem, such as which applications are running when you have the problem - the only application which seems to be a problem for me is Nero Express.
  • Please inform us if you have created any custom rules - none. I set up using the standard installation.

If there’s anything else anyone needs to know before they can help then I’m only too happy to provide more info. Thanks in advance.

I’m back again as I have some more info to add to the mystery. There are two other accounts set up on this PC and they both have full Nero Burning Rights. If I log in to either of those accounts and try to open Nero Express then I get as far as the opening options screen before it then shuts itself down without displaying any kind of error message.
I’m really hoping that someone out there can help me. I can of course just go and find some other burning software but there doesn’t seem much point when I have a perfectly adequate program that used to work before I installed this firewall.
If anyone can make any sensible suggestions at all for how I can solve this it would be very much appreciated.

If you change the Security Level of the firewall (from Summary page of the GUI, or right-click on the systray icon) from Custom to Allow All, are you able to launch Nero Express?

LM

I don’t think it is Comodo that is causing the issue, I am using Nero 6 and am able to launch Nero Express just fine, maybe you should try a re-installation?

I did reinstall Nero as was suggested and it now works fine. Should have thought of doing it straight away really but it just annoyed me that it decided to stop working. Never mind. Thanks for your help.

Great, I’m glad that resolved it. The topic will now be closed; should you need it reopened, just PM a Moderator (please include a link) and we’ll be glad to do so.

LM

Great to hear that fixed the issue (:CLP)