Cannot install Comodo IS. Error, 80 the file exists

I uninstalled CIS, and then DL’d the latest and tried to install. I got the above error message. I ran the uninstaller tool, and rebooted, but I still get the message. The tool’s only errors were that files it was seek. It did a lot of stuff.

Once that happens, I then get a message that CIS cannot run, because some files are missing.

I do not know what version was installed, as I had it there for a while, auto updating regularly.

Any help appreciated

EDIT: The error pertains to Comodo DRAGON, not CIS. But it bombs out the rest of the install.

Well, that was the clue. It seems that Comodo have set it up so you cannot install/uninstall any part of the “trio” without the others, possibly because too many people were uninstalling either GB or CD.

The older version I had installed seemed not to allow for that , so it left CD and GB there to get in the way…

Seems a bit pushy, but hey CIS is good and free.

You are most likely not looking at ill intentions of Comodo but at a trait of the MSI (Microsoft) Installer that is being used for the installer of CIS. Download Windows Installer Clean Up utility. This tool cleans up all Windows installer related traces from your computer. It will allow you to run an (un)installer where it was getting blocked because it couldn’t find a needed file or says the products is already installed.This tool does not uninstall a program.

Let it remove the CIS remnants as well as the Dragon remnants when present. Then try again and let us know how things go.

Thanks for the reply.

Once I had realised it was Dragon that was the blockage, I uninstalled it and that allowed me to install the new package. My older version was able to be installed/uninstalled piecemeal, the new one is not. That was the trap.

However I will grab from your link and keep that tool available. Thanks.

It’s a cool tool, and one to have in one’s toolbox. It can solve annoying problems with MSI installer.