cannot install comodo firewall, fails during kernel driver installation

Hi I am having the same problem as a lot of other people on the forums. I cannot install comodo firewall. It keeps hanging then rolling back when it is installing the kernel drivers. It doesn’t matter if I run it as admin, run from the msi installer that is extracted, run the comodo clean up tool or anything else. BTW I have never had any comodo products on my computer before. So that is not the problem. I was going to upload the logs that were generated when the installs failed but seems the upload box is full and can’t so will paste them into a separate message. Hope someone can find a solution to this so no one has a problem with it again. From what I have seen this problem has been going on for a long time. I think it is about time for it to be fixed. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Well can’t post it and can’t attach it so if anyone can help and wants to look at it then I guess you need to send me a private message.
By the way administrators the upload box is full so you might want to empty some of the things out of it. I can’t even upload a file <700 Kb. So it has to be just about entirely full.

Is the uploading still not working? We recently had a problem where the upload space was totally filled.

Try uninstalling CIS, reboot and run this clean up tool then try again.

I have not tried uploading it again. But I have never had the comodo firewall on my computer before. As I stated in my previous posts there is nothing to clean up because I have never had them before. There is no way to uninstall anything because it was never installed. The clean up tool will not detect anything.

Let’s try a different angle then.

We are gonna take a look to see if there are some old drivers of your previously uninstalled security programs are still around. Go to Device Manager → View → show hidden devices → now look under Non Plug and Play drivers → when you see a driver that belongs to your previous security programs click right → uninstall —> reboot your computer.

When the problem persists make sure there are no auto starts from your previous security programs. Download Autoruns and run it.

This program finds about all auto starts in Windows. This tool can therefore seriously damage Windows when not handled properly. After starting push Escape and go to Options and choose to hide Windows and Microsoft entries, to include empty locations and then push F5 to refresh.

Now check all entries to see if there are references to your previous security program. When you find them untick them. After unticking reboot your computer and see what happens.

I have now figured out what the problem was and fixed it. My device manager wasn’t showing any devices or drivers. I also couldn’t install any drivers it seems. I fixed that problem by changing the permissions on the ENUM key in the registry. So now I have installed the firewall. Hope this will help anyone else who has this same problem. If your device manager doesn’t show anything try changing the permissions on the ENUM folder in the registry and be sure that the system has complete control over it. That seems to have been why it stopped everytime the kernel drivers were installing.

Thanks for reporting back.

Did you change the permissions for the ENUM branch yourself in the past?

No I didn’t. I try to never mess around with the registry. Don’t know how it happened.