Cannot be uninstalled at all. Suggestions on the forum did NOT work.

Because of Comodo I cannot use my laptop to connect with my desktop because it won’t let me connect! So I have to disable it and be without any protection at all! Tickets are closed by Comodo without being answered.
The following is from a professional Software architect:

“Any firewall program you cannot uninstall cleanly is one you should absolutely not be using. Turn it off if you can and enable the Windows firewall as I described. Make certain Comodo doesn’t restart the next time you boot the machine.
Another thing you can do is to ask Comodo if there are any services you can disable in the meantime. You would go into ControlPanel->AdministrativeTools->Services to do this. But you have to be careful about what you are disabling.”

I submitted a ticket but support just closes tickets without replying!
So Comodo has actually ruined my computer and made it useless…

You didn’t take the time to ask in here. You shouldn’t have submitted a ticket. All your answers are right here in this forum. When did you install Comodo? If its recent then you simply could have done a System Restore back to before you installed Comodo. Your computer isn’t useless.

https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comprehensive_instructions_for_completely_removing_comodo_firewall_pro_3_info-t17220.0.html

I DID submit a ticket but support just closes tickets without replying!

There is nothing wrong with Comodo. Several programs have problems uninstalling. I couldn’t uninstall Norton years ago till I downloaded a tool from Symantec. I couldn’t uninstall NOD32 till I learned a few tricks.

I am sorry typo. I meant to say “shouldn’t have”. I edited my post.

It was installed much too long ago to do a restore.
Yes, my computer *is useless because I cannot connect my laptop to my desktop because of the comodo firewall. I am very disabled and sitting at my desktop is very painful so I need my laptop to connect to it. But in order to do that I have to disable comodo and be left with no firewall at all.
I want to get rid of it, but it will not uninstall properly. And yes, I did ask here, but there were many different answers it made it impossible to follow.
No software should be that difficult to uninstall. Many people on the forum said that uninstalling it caused to be impossible to install any firewall at all because it said there was already a firewall, even though it had been uninstalled. Because of that, I did not try to uninstall it and be left with no firewall at all.
I cannot afford to hire someone to come and spend hours reinstalling my OS which is XP Pro SP2. And then have to spend more hours reinstalling all my software. Of course, all my emails would ne lost as well.
Sorry to go on so long but I am really upset that any software would not have a clean uninstall.

I just read a message about uninstalling it. I would have to try to find someone that I could hire to do all that! I am not a professional. To have to go to that length to unibtall something is ridiculous!

You do not need to hire a professional. Its all very simply with step by step instructions. You can simply download the batch file and run that. You can skip all those steps. It even tells you that. Relax and chill. Read what that post says. it works.

Did you try Revo Uninstaller?

I don’t have any idea what a batch file is!
The post was very long with many confusing steps and I would not dare to mess with the registry. I am from an era where we used sliderules and did not even have calculators.
I am not a computer professional…your post was just a lot of confusion for me.
I would have to hire a professional to do that and I don’t even know where to find one. This is a small town.
Thanks for your help but it is impossible for me to do and I would then have to hire someone to reinstall the OS.
No software should require all that to uninstall.

Listen its not hard. There is a batch file to download. Look at the attachment at the bottom of USSS first post. There is a zip file to download. This is part of owning a computer. Things happen and things get ■■■■■■■ up. Stop being so angry I am trying to help you. I am a self taught computer guru. I knew nothing but took the time to teach myself. Now I help others. I will help you and modders will also but be patient.

I said this in my original message but nobody addressed it.
Nobody told me if there was any way to turn it off!! Or if I should disable anything.
The following is from a professional Software architect:

“Any firewall program you cannot uninstall cleanly is one you should absolutely not be using. Turn it off if you can and enable the Windows firewall as I described. Make certain Comodo doesn’t restart the next time you boot the machine.
Another thing you can do is to ask Comodo if there are any services you can disable in the meantime. You would go into ControlPanel->AdministrativeTools->Services to do this. But you have to be careful about what you are disabling.”

Hi,

COMODO Firewall Pro 3 is currently one off the best, if not, the best Firewall on the internet in combination with Defense+.

You need to download the batch file mentioned. Uninstall CFP 3, Run the Batch File, Reboot, Download & install latest version, & Reboot.

Please follow these steps before posting further, If you need help relating to the batch file, Please ask.

Josh

Who is USSS ? I don’t see anyone by that name. You said look at his post.
If I have to teach myself about a batch file I would be dead before I ever got comodo off my computer.
I am sorry for my impatience but I cannot sit here any longer right now…It is too painful and that is why I need my laptop to connect to my desktop. And comodo will not let me do that.
HOW can I turn the thing off so I can use the Windows firewall.

As I said…I do not know what a batch file is…I never heard of it.

You do not understand when you say to reinstall Comodo if I was ever able to uninstall it… The problem is that Comodo will not let my laptop connect to my desktop, so why would I get it again???
There is no way to turn it off so I can use the Windows firewall instead.
It is very confusing because too many people say different things and it is very hard to follow.
I agree that it is a very good firewall but it is making my laptop useless.

USSS is the guy that made that post about Comprehensive removal. His name is in bold red letters.

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews/cannot_be_uninstalled_at_all_suggestions_on_the_forum_did_not_work-t23432.0.html

Will you PLEASE listen to me. READ the post I sent you. The batch file is at the bottom of the first thread. Click on it and download it. Its says zip file. Here I attached it myself. Download the attachment and put it on a floppy or burn it on a cd and put it in your laptop.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Instead of removing it have you bothered to ask for help with your internet connection sharing problem. There are many modders to help you with this. Make a thread about setting up your laptop to your desktop.

Vettetech, Will you please LISTEN to me because you do not understand what I am telling you at all.
I do NOT know what a batch file is or what it does! It is nothing that should go on my laptop anyway. It is the comodo on my DESKTOP that is preventing my laptop from connecting to my desktop! I do not have comodo on my laptop!!! In order for the laptop to connect to the desktop the firewall on my desktop has to be shut off…and then I have NO protection at all. And that is why I need to get rid of the comodo so I can use Windows firewall.
I have no idea what you are talking about when you say put it on a floppy or on a CD…
I give up!..Comodo is a good firewall but I don’t want any software that I am condemned to have on my computer forever and ever and have to hire a computer professional in order to uninstall it.

Vettetech. My laptop is ALREADY networked to my desktop!
What are you talking about?
You do not understand the problem at all…I I GIVE UP because I cannot keep typing the same thing over and over…
Thanks for your responses but you just do not understand the problem at all.