Can you measure the speed of an airplane with a car speedometer?

But If I may , some AV tests are paid , that is for sure. But there are some people , real Enthusiasts , and they are doing tests because they are love to do it. So if , for example , CIS will be in those independent tests classified highly - that is best thing for Comodo. And there is in some so. :wink:

End users are the ultimate tester! and What they say counts the most compared to any testing organisation tbh as far as AV market goes.

A user who is regularly infected starts using Comodo and stops getting infection…comes and thanks us…that is worth much much much more than any testing organisation result! This is the ultimate result! And these users become our evangelist much more than any testing organisation can ever be!

Melih

[at]Melih : And that who I am.
I am a normal , not professional , user of CIS. And I came here to learn about Comodo and to know Comodo.
And if I will not have any infection , I will be happy for ever and I will respect Comodo for a long , long time.

+1. Can’t beat word of mouth from happy users.

Yes and Comodo still inside the cavern with his happy users, who needs to get out? /ironic

thats exactly the case!

Melih,
what here all want to say is that let Comodo IS get more fame thro’ AVC test too only reason bcoz when someone here abt new AV even though Free they dont think to try unless he/she have some knowledge that they are good…
and moreover here in India the AV’s that are know to ppl are limited eg, AVG, Avira, KIS, Bit Defender… nothin more…

It took me 2-3months to convince a Friend of mine to use Comodo IS…
he is a BIG BIG Fan of KIS, his license got expired recently he was abt to go to The Retail Shop to get It…
But I had been troubling him to try CIS so FINALLY he did…
and he was really impressed with it…

So it takes time to convince ppl without having some proof in hand bcoz they use a competitive good av too tough paid…

Later everything is upto you, so wat u decide is Final…

Well i’m tring hard here to switch my friends n known ppl to Comodo (just bcoz I Love CIS no infection since I started using it) by word of mouth but ya first think that they ask is “Whats Comodo??”…

So Now you decide You Want to take off that “??” or let it still be till we End Users Remove them by ourselves…

i love comodo and i will recommend CIS on every PC/Laptop i repair… ^^

by the way, Sir Melih, do you have a thought of updating matousec’s result for CIS’ latest version?

Since Avast was the best free AV in 2010 on AVComparatives and the best free AV in the tests since V5 was release they have almost get the 20% of the market share.

http://www.oesisok.com/news-resources/reports/q4-2010-antivirus-backup-client-and-windows-os-reports

I wonder what was the market share of Avast 4, lower than 10% or maybe 5%.

For me the main sticking point with CIS being tested by AV-C and the likes is the fact that files are dropped onto the system by sandboxed malware,actually they’re inert,but nevertheless it’ll be marked down because of it.

Simple solution? As I suggested months ago utilize some of that Comodo system cleaner technology and have this detritus automatically removed when a sandboxed process is terminated,or better still don’t allow this in the first place.The result will be no remnants left on the “real” system and therefore CIS can be tested without jumping through hoops to find an acceptable methodology.

This or use a real sandbox like sandboxie, or the future sandbox of Avast 6

That’s what many would prefer (myself included),a full-blown sandbox.Apparently there are usability issues with this approach,but given the widespread compatibilty of Sandboxie I’m not convinced there would be apart from a few exceptions.

Sandboxie does an excellent job of allowing the user to clean up the Sandbox automatically every time after it is closed with simple deletion or using the more rigorous Eraser software. Having a similar feature in the Comodo Sandbox would be an outstanding addition!

~Maxx~

Agreed. It’s very convenient to have Sandboxie automatically delete all traces when the application is closed. This feature and the lack of easily transferring a file from the Comodo sandbox (Like Quick Recovery in SB) are the reasons I still use Sandboxie instead of the Comodo sandbox.

But the Comodo sandbox is still maturing so I have hope that further configurability will be added. :slight_smile:

I found Comodo by accident. I was watching tons of YouTube videos on people testing out AV’s to see which AV’s scored the best because my subscription was expiring on my old AV. I almost didn’t find you guys, because I was checking out the standard PC software review sites first for professional opinions and user feedback. I’m an above average user who has been around the PC industry for more than a decade and a half. I must say that I felt that I had to do a lot of digging before I found Comodo… Way more digging than the average user is willing or interested in doing.

Other posts here in this thread mention changes to the sandbox, In my opinion, I would like to see a change where the TVL has different levels of trust that run in different sandboxes. For example, everything from Microsoft and other very well known vendors would still run outside the sandbox, but everything that is trusted but not well known would now run in a “trusted sandbox” with a higher level of access rights than the “unknown and untrusted sandbox”. Taking Melih’s example of not letting just anyone inside your home one step further, this would be similar to immediate family (very well trusted complete access to all rooms) vs the pizza/cable guy (limited access to specific rooms and watched) vs. people walking up to your door for various reasons (access to porch only and assumed dangerous). As it stands today, the pizza/cable guy has the same access to your home as your wife or husband and that seems to be the weak link in the armor to me.

I also would like to see different configuration settings (Novice, Basic, Advanced) that could be chosen during the product install, and afterwards in the Summary tab. This would be nice for people like my parents and other non-techies. The “Novice” setting would do stuff like suppress all prompts and take action for them. When the action is taken automatically by CIS, they are then notified that xyz.exe was not allowed to run because of it being harmful or put in a cage because it is untrusted or unknown. All over-rides in the “Novice” mode should be sandboxed to keep them safe. Adding this option would allow us techies to recommend CIS to novice users. Novice mode could also either automatically launch the trial version of GeekBuddy to help them install the product, and or launch a quick training video on YouTube for an overview on how it works so they are comfortable with it before CIS runs for the first time (the part where CIS is the most active and the user knows the least about CIS).

Another thing that I would love to see is more feedback on items that are or were sandboxed and submitted to Comodo for review. I’ve had files sit in the sandbox for a while not knowing what is going on with them. It would have been nice to get a quick summary on when the file would be looked at and whether the result was safe or not when it finally had been reviewed. This feedback for the “Novice” mode in the paragraph above would be a nice touch for novice end users who might not have anyone to ask for help.

I’m a new avid user of the Comodo CIS, and this is my first post. I hope my suggestions can be implemented in future releases.

Thanks for a great product!

rgearheart- Great first post! Please keep the constructive suggestions coming!

~Maxx~

Great post. I really like some of these ideas.

Please start a few topics in the wishlist so some can, hopefully, be implemented.

Just be sure to add polls as well. I’d love to vote for a few of them. ;D

User selectable UI and config - brilliant idea and this has been asked for for ages.

C’mon Comod - this makes sense. The users have been abd still are asking for it and it directly addresses usability and the level of user ineraction the app requires.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Chiron,

I have added these to the wishlist per your suggestion. Hope this helps the cause.

Well hi guys.i was reading your story about comodo.and atm i use comodo full security:AV,FW,emailsecure…etc
the comodo is kinda hard to use for ppl ho are not computer ppl.i agre about that.
but realy guys comodo defence platform are beat all others av-s.
comodo can be a litle ■■■■■■■ the begining until he learn what is what on your computer.after that he has lighter footprint then nod.and ofcorse he is like 2 clases above all av-s.
i use comodo on the 300 computers in my netwotk in one company.
he is simply the best defence for your pc.
but realy im sad becose simple users realy cant hande ilt.

SO COMODO TEAM DO SOMTHUING ABOUT THAT AND YOU ARE COMPLETLY NUMBER 1:D

from serbia with love.