Can you limit no. of incoming connections on a port in firewall?

Hi,

I was wondering, if its possible with Comodo firewall to limit the number of “incoming connections” to an open port? If so, would appreciate the steps the achieve this.

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to limit the number of connections to a port with CIS. I’m not even sure its supported on the Windows platform. However, depending on what you’re trying to achieve, you may be able to find a work-around.

Hi,

I am just interested in limiting the number of connections on an incoming port to an application. Many applications have these features, but in cases where an application does not have such a feature, too many connections to that app can crash the app or freeze the computer. I was wondering, if there is a workaround to limit this?

Unfortunately, I don’t know any way to do this with Windows. If you have a router that supports iptables you could add something like (change the port as needed):

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp –dport 80 -i eth0 -m state –state NEW -m recent –update –seconds 60 –hitcount 5 -j DROP

Although there are many variations with this.