Can you disable anonymous usage data

Hi, when I ran a recent comodo update, I noticed that just as I clicked next there was a checkbox to allow anonymous usage data to be sent.

I would like to disable this but can’t see any option for it in the preferences. Do I need to reinstall?

Cheers

An installation is like being in front of a sales man.
Dont put your ok before you understood what happens :wink:

I would re-install.
Use ALLWAYS custom installs. Dont proceed default. Make each possible setting to your likes, before hitting ok.
Comodo is a good example at the moment about how you have to keep the eyes open while installation.

It became usual that there is a BIG continue button, but a small “link” to custom install (which leads to tabs). I dont like it.
But it trains your caution for other cases where you would get a toolbar or something if you dont look carefully.

I never noticed that function. But I must admit I don’t run the manual updater (if at all). But I think you are right noticing there is no function in the settings where it can be disabled. That should be called a bug and be reported.

If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

Great, thanks folks.

Yeah I always go for custom installs, you learn that the hard way! This was an update so I didn’t get that option.

Will look into the bug report also.

Thanks again :slight_smile: