Can there be an option to have different CIS settings for each account?

Say you have a limited user account you want someone to use but CIS might confuse them so you have it hide all alerts and have it auto quarantine and hide the sandbox pop up so they can browse the web and not get the PC infected or accidentally let something get through because they hit allow at one of the pop ups that CIS pops up for if they accidentally go somewhere malicious and don’t know what to do. I would like to have a feature to have these settings for the limited user account but have my admin account have the settings that I would like it to have. That way it can be configured for each user to how their computer knowledge is.

:-TU

Would be a pretty cool feature, tying CIS configurations to user accounts, such that CIS would detect what account you’re logging into and set itself automatically to the desired configuration.

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to suppress alerts for only selected user accounts in a computer.

I know I can password protect the CIS settings and configure it to suppress alerts while the password protection is enabled, but that’s not a good solution, since it would suppress alerts for every users.

I want to be able to see the alerts when I’m in my admin account, but I don’t want the alerts to show up when someone else is using my computer with a standard account which I have created for friends and family - they would certainly click “allow” on every alert! :o

Hello and Welcome to Comodo Forums

It’s Not Available at the moment;
I’ll move your post to the current wish

Jake

Thank you for the reply, Jake.

By the way, is there a workaround for the situation I described?

If there was, for example, a way to set the alerts off via a command line I could create a file that would set the alerts off every time the standard user logs on. And then I could also create another file to set the alerts back when the admin logs on. - yeah, that would be a weird solution, but… :-\

Sorry to report; There isn’t a way to do so; you’ll have to either switch configurations each time a user login you’ll have to simply right click CIS > Configuration

To prep before using this method;
Go to CIS > More > Manage My Configurations > Export The Current Configuration 2 times (Name one “User” and the other one admin) and import both of them once exported; and Select the User configuration and add the password… So now all you have to do is switch the configuration once you log in

Hope This Helps

Jake

Yes it is. Maybe you’ll be interested, will show on one example. I’m running XP Home with two accounts: guest and admin. For guest CIS alerts are disabled.

I disabled HKLM registry autorun of cfp.exe (CIS GUI). Created shortcut to cfp.exe with -h parameter: “C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cfp.exe” -h and placed it under Autoruns folder of admin user.

Denied execution of cfp.exe by guest account using native NTFS file permissions. This step only necessary if you do not want user to change CIS settings in any way.

Enabled Defense+ option “block unknown requests if application is closed” despite scary warning :wink: Interesting part here is that v5.0 of CIS did not require this step – once gui was not loaded, all unknown actions were blocked even with this option turned off. But in CIS v5.3 this option is again topical like before like in most (if not all) versions of Comodo Firewall and CIS.

The solution to hide alerts from unexperienced users by not running Comodo gui was said to me by forum user WIGF long time ago. Since then i use this workaround and since that times CF (long before CIS appeared) password feature is defective: suppress alerts work either globally or U have to refuse to use it at all.

Great, that was just the kind of solution I was looking for! :slight_smile:

I knew this option to block unknown requests when the application is closed, but I thought it worked only for Defense+ related requests and not the Firewall ones, since the option is placed under the Defense+ settings. Anyway, I tested it by denying traffic to Firefox and it worked!

Thank you!

No problem
http://dev.urltrim.com/files/images/icons/review/icon_face-smile.png