Can NOT terminate and block some apps..

[color=maroon]Hey you guys

Ok, first of all you guys

I am missing some cool features in CIS 5

my pending files, unless of course, it’s "unrecognized files "

another cool feature am missing is " add to a program to the sand box " that was a great security layer , I was very happy with it, and I thout it was wonderful 88) , …

one problem I found was that am not able to terminate, or/and terminate and block a certain app ( many , let’s take, java update host for an example here " some I could easily terminate, but can’t block " example:, windows update " don’t ask why I wana do that, cauz I have my reasons, one of witch is that I don’t want the updates to be installed accidentally , " I know I could configure windows update, but I can only be sure - from experience- if I let the firewall do it for me 8) …a firewall is the best guarantee …

one more observation is that COMODO internet security premium is being slimmed down ??? no advanced options, but that could be a local strategy , and I respect that …

well , that’s all I could think of now, …

and my best regards

:-La :-La :-La :-La :-La oooh almost forgot ;D

this new cloud anti-virus feature is awesome :-TU

[color=blue]Thanx again as always COMODO, ;D and a little bit more

??? See attached image.

one problem I found was that am not able to terminate, or/and terminate and block a certain app ( many , let's take, java update host for an example here " some I could easily terminate, but can't block " example:, windows update " don't ask why I wana do that, cauz I have my reasons, one of witch is that I don't want the updates to be installed accidentally , " I know I could configure windows update, but I can only be sure - from experience- if I let the firewall do it for me 8) ...a firewall is the best guarantee ..
May be Windows Update uses more than one executable.
one more observation is that COMODO internet security premium is being slimmed down ??? no advanced options, but that could be a local strategy , and I respect that ..
What functions are you referring to?
well , that's all I could think of now, ...

and my best regards

:-La :-La :-La :-La :-La oooh almost forgot ;D

this new cloud anti-virus feature is awesome :-TU

[color=blue]Thanx again as always COMODO, ;D and a little bit more

CIS is pretty awesome, isn’t it?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes it is.

It is still there, go to the Defense+ tab. Btw it is called “Run a Program in the Sandbox” now :slight_smile:

It is not being slimmed down, it is being organised :wink: Click on “Network Security Policy” & “Computer Security Policy”, there you will find a lot of the advanced options.

Hey you guys, Thanx a lot

EricJH
for example I could control running process, move them to any list I want, blocked or allowed

there was also a check/uncheck option to trust vendors, now CIS is default trust , and I need to delete them from the list, which is not a good idea, because this list is a good plus, and I understand that it may have something to do with some arrangements between comodo and those companies

there was also a full sandbox interface , no more my own trusted software vendors, and it’s not like adding them to the new trust list …

and many of " MY OWN safe/blocked/trusted/pending

does 5 also not consider safe the list my own safe files in safe mode ?

in all there was an " advanced " menu under firewall & defense plus sub-interface

The pic shows RUN in the sand box, 4. had ADD also , to permanently run in the sand box, run will only run it until the next reboot , or will it here always will run in the sandbox??

and Thank You 2 , meeee2 , you are a sport :-TU

andm, EricJH

I had no prob, blocking windows update in 4, in fact it stayed blocked until I installed 5.

as for terminating and blocking I tried everything, all it does, is add again the same program bath to the blocked files list as many times as I perform the request " same bath exactly , multiple intries, ( don’t know how is that possible , shouldn’t it say ( it’s already blocked, or something like that? ) , it shows also under internet rule that it’s been blocked, but still shows RUNNING in " the active processes list "

again EricJH meeee2 Thnk you guys a lot

Have a look in network security policy. You will find 2 default entries, windows updater applications and windows system applications. These both are involved during a windows update. The executables for each group is in the below picture.
If you wan`t a granular control may i recommend putting the firewall in Custom Mode with Alert settings on high, you can then answer each alert and choose what to do If you have “Remember my Answer” ticked a rule will be created.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanx a lot Matty_R

I think this should do it, I’ll wait and see, I just hate it when any app gets past the firewall

I have CIS5 configured " proactive " great improvement guys by the way, didn’t even notice it before ,

I configured CIS the way you described, and I sure think it should work,

Now am left with this band width gulping stupid app ,named java, I just can’t seed to terminate the
■■■■■■, and it slows down connection significantly since that am using 256 ram/connection
and nothing that I do seems to work, it’s just there staring at me in such a glare that makes me wana scream my brain out :o

Yup Matty_R

That sure did it, am enjoying my PC , these critters were using too much bandwidth ,

Thank you for the tip too …

and of course many thanks to all of you guys EricJH & meeee2 for your swift replies and help I really appreciate it

:-TU

Help squad needed again :a0 ;D

yaw guys,

a new prob.

when exiting CIS , some of the apps that were blocked; pup up again fully functional as if they were playing hide and seek with COMODO >:-D

and when trying to initiate comodo again , it took such a long time ; I had to reboot

:-LaThank you guys always :-TU

If you want those apps to remain blocked, don’t exit CIS :wink:
Why would you want to shut it down anyway?

Can you reproduce this?

Thank you Eric :-TU

I had to clean all comodo files m re installed at, and since my computer was down for such a long time
I really don’t know what happened exactly, but the latest version is running as smoothly as ever

I just wanted to tell ya so, because I would also don’t want to not update you guys on the issue

I know you guys can’t answer to every post, and I really appreciate your help always

best regards Eric, and a million thanx man : -TU