can anyone help please

hi, this is my first post here, and I am not sure if this is the right section to post in but hopefully if thats the case someone can redirect me.

I have got comodo installed, and I need it to block tracking cookies that liveworld send out when you get a ban on the ebay forums… (dont ask… lol… I have a stalker who reports my posts! (:AGY)

Is there anyway I need to configure the software to block anything that ebay/liveworld try to send to my pc.

thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to the forums, wends ~

In general, this is considered to be the work of the browser (blocking cookies) rather than the firewall…

However, if you’re determined to use the FW and it’s just one source (ie, the liveworld hostname), you can create a Network Monitor rule to Block All IP In from that source. Given that an inbound contact would be seen as a response to the outbound request to contact the website, I don’t think the default block all rule would catch it, and you’d also want it at the very top of the list, to prevent it from being granted access.

That said, you would open Network Monitor. Right-click Rule ID 0 (the very top rule) and select Add/Add Before. Build the rule like this:

Action: Block
Protocol: IP
Direction: In
Source IP: Hostname: (for example) liveworld.com
Destination IP: Any
IP Details: Any

Just providing information on how to block a specific host (or single IP); I refuse to take any responsibility or involvement with any associated activities on any other forums over which I have no control…

LM

PS: The correct location for posting this question would be the Firewall Help board; the topic has been moved.

PPS: IP and Hostname blocking is discussed in this tutorial thread… https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6167.0.html which combined with the FAQ link given there is a good place to start learning about the firewall.