What you did: I installed Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10.0 + c++ runtime for 64X
What actually happened or you actually saw: cis crashed on next boot
What you expected to happen or see: n/A
How you tried to fix it & what happened: TRYED RE-INSTALLING C++ AND no change then turned off dragon (all exes and still crash)
If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?: not yet what should I use?
Details & exact version of any application (execpt CIS) involved with download link: (non-free software this is the update exe but will install and ask for key after c++ install) wcarchive.cdrom.com./pub/scansoft/DragonPreferred10.1ENX_078.exe
Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:
Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):
bad c++ coding (note c++ error software closed in a unexpected way…)
will upload latter however they will be useless as it crashes on start-up… will try and see if it still does it on removal of c++ runtimes
Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
- Screenshots illustrating the bug:
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs and the Defense+ Active Processes List:
- A CIS config report or file.
- Crash or freeze dump file:
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version.
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used:
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4:
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.):
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= , Sandbox= , Firewall = , AV =
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type:
- Other security and utility software installed:
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box):