C:\Program Files\Stardock\Fences\DesktopDock.dll False Positive

The file is apart of the program fences pro v1.10.I cant use fences with the antivirus on because fences gives an error stating that it’s integrity has been compromised please reinstall.Adding the file to the exclusion list does not work Comodo still continues to detect it after I login to my account.

Database Version: 7155
FP:Trojware.Win32.GameThief.Games.~FOH@19657912
Website:Stardock.com but the app is downloaded through a program called impulse

Please add a copy to clipboard button for everything in Comodo copying things by having to look back in forth waste so much time

Hi Chaingun,
We are going to have a look at it and will get back to you after investigation.
Thanks and Regards,
Lin mengze

Hi Chaingun,
The reported file is termed as a potentially unsafe application. If you really want to continue use this file, You can add the file to the exclusion list.
Thanks and Regards,
Lin mengze

Fences is not an unwanted application. I have used it myself and it should not be detected as any sort of malware.

Please note

[url=https://forums.comodo.com/false_positivenegative_reporting_is_this_a_malware_that_cis_hasnot_detected/cis_malware_naming_rules_for_potentially_dangerous_applicationsriskware-t38506.0.html]potentially unsafe application[/url]
unwanted application was not mention.

Thank you

Dennis

Edit Added link to explain what a potentially unsafe application is

Dennis. It is not potentially unsafe. I have myself run Stardock’s fences using Comodo and Eset (with Comodo firewall). Claiming it to be potentially unsafe is not appropriate as it is a blatant LIE.

Potentially unsafe means it has the capability to do something malicious. Not that it does do anything malicious.

Take a macro recorder for instance. Technically, it is a keylogger. As such, it is viewed as potentially unsafe because there is no way for an application to determine which keyloggers are the safe keyloggers. So this onus is put to the user to determine if they want to run this type of application on their system.

That’s all it means. Nothing more, nothing less.

You’re point being?. A component in an completely safe file was detected as a false positive. Covering this up with “Potentially Unsafe Application” is low.

I certainly hope this is fixed as it would be a shame that Comodo is the only AV actually willing to keep a safe vendor / safe file detected by their AV because its a PUP…

I added it to the exclusions yet its still giving alerts.I said that in my post if you didn’t remember.whats annoying is that iI have to restart my pc twice for fence to work again with out reinstalling it.thanks for the help but the exclusion thing could be a bug because its ignoring the fact it’s suppose to ignore any file in there.i disabled scan memory at start but now my system is less secure