Firewall: Enabled (custom ruleset)
    Defense+ HIPS: Enabled (safe mode)
    Defense+ Behav Blocker: disabled auto - sandbox
    AV: realtime scan enabled, do not show antivirus alerts option is unchecked
  5. Other installed software:
    Security: USB Disk Security v 6.1.0.432
    Utility: CCleaner
  6. Step by step description to reproduce the issue:

bug 1. (reported by me during beta testing of version 6, still not fixed)
Start full scan, send it to background, open task manager, set priority to normal, bring task to front and send it to background again. CIS always resets priority to background, but I think it should keep priority that user manually selected.

bug 2
CIS is slow to open when you double click tray icon. Also it is slow when closing advanced settings.

bug 3
When Firefox, Opera, Google chrome and IE warning pops up, treat as a web browser rule set blocks internet connection.

bug 4
Send to background window always reopens when I click on update button even if I have previously checked “do not show this message again”. Further more, when you check do not show this message again and click OK (after clicking update, does NOT happen when you click on scan), CIS automatically turns on following user interface settings that where turned of:
-Show welcome screen on startup
-Show desktop widget
-Play sound when an alert is shown
PS: And if I’m in advanced view during this CIS automatically switches to plain view.

bug 5
When I started PC today, CIS reseted all of my previously selected shortcuts to default.

bug 6 (don’t know is it bug or just bad settings)
Network intrusions under Firewall shows blocked applications info, rather than to show stopped intrusions from outside. Example why this is bad: I have 1 particular application that tries to connect to internet constantly (blocked it with CIS) and now I have 10000 (yes, ten thousand) intrusions daily. If you count some innocent programs trying to connect to internet as intrusions that’s just wrong and makes people paranoid.

I can reproduce this bugs every single time…

Please fix them, thanks

At the request of mods here is my configuration and video of problems.

Sorry for my English, it’s not my first language.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I’m sorry, but there must be only one bug reported per topic. Please create a separate bug report for each bug you have found. This shouldn’t be too difficult as most of the fields will be identical. Thus, it will mainly be copying and pasting.

Also, all bug reports must be in the format provided in this topic. Please edit your first post (for only one bug) so that it follows this format. Also attach all required files.

Thank you.

I’m glad to help, always, but are you saying that if I don’t report properly you won’t fix bugs in your software?

If so, please don’t fix them, I don’t mind…

I’m sorry for it sounding that way. I am a volunteer, just like you, and do not work for Comodo. Thus, my comments are not necessarily representative of theirs.

The reason I mentioned putting it in different bug reports is that we (the volunteer mods) have seen in the past that if more than one bug report is put in a single topic it’s very difficult for us (again the mods) to track, and also tends to accidentally get lost in all of the other reports. We are human.

What has worked very well in the past, and therefore what I am requesting, is reporting only one bug report per topic. I’m really asking for this in order to help the end users as much as possible and to help get the bugs fixed as efficiently as possible. This is for your own good as it really does streamline the process and help get issues fixed more quickly.

I apologize if my original post came across as offensive. I did not mean to dissuade you from reporting bugs and I really do feel sorry if that is how it sounded.

It’s ok.

Its just that I’ve lost a lot of time on fixing damage done in Firefox with this latest version of CIS and reporting bugs.

I’ll make changes as soon as I make time.

That’s not a problem. I really appreciate your understanding.

When you find the time please create the bug reports and I’ll do what I can to get them to the devs. Until then I’ll move this post to Non Format Verified Bug Reports.

Thank you.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (version 6.3.294583.2937)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.

PM sent.

I’ll try to make time tomorrow and check everything.

Thank you.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (8.0.0.4337)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.