BUGREPORT: Cancel Button for Alert causes Permanent Block Rule (V 3.0.12 x32)[RESOLVED]

I’ve reported this bug for Beta3, RC1, and now the final version. So, one last time:

Hitting the cancel button on an alert will create a block rule if “remember my answer” is checked. It should not work this way.The alert should only be blocked for a single instance and should ignore the “remember my answer” if it happens to be selected. If I hit cancel, I don’t want a rule being created for that alert. Before someone asks, yes, I’ve submitted a ticket for whatever good that will
do.

Al (feeling like a broken record) Adric

System Information:

IBM T41 Laptop
Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1700MHz
1GB Memory
Windows XP + SP2 + WUS security Fixes
SpywareTerminator 2.0.1.224
Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 9.0.3.1000

I believe that instead of the “Cancel Button” there should be another 2 buttons: “Allow Once” and “Block Once” :THNK (L)

.268 should not have this issue.

Egemen

Thank you. I have verified this as being fixed. Actually, this is a nice feature now that you can temporarily block something without having to remove the ‘remember my answer’ check box.

I wil open another post on this matter, but 268 seems a magnitude slower bringing up alerts. My previous tests showed the alerts being very quick. No hourglass like it does now.

Al