Bug Reports for v 2.0.6.12

This is to follow up on this post: https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,4740.msg35986.html#msg35986 about CavEmlSvr.exe using CPU resources.

The attached screenshot is taken after CavEmlSvr.exe has been shut down once already, so that I could actually access/check my mail in TBird. When I went back to Process Explorer, after closing TBird, CavEmlSvr.exe was open again, and using even more resources than it had been before.

I have disabled (within CAVS GUI) all aspects of email scanning. Yet the email scan server is still perpetuating itself and running, and hogging the CPU…

LM

[attachment deleted by admin]

I’m also having the slowdown issues. My start menu takes maybe 30 seconds to open.

I also use a program launcher called program launcher, If I try to run an app from it before cavs has the app as ok in it’s lists then it will completely lock the system. Power button is the only option.

If I run the app first from anything besides program launcher then ok it in cavs then it will start fine if run from program launcher.

I think the slowdown or at least part of it is owing to my previously reported issue with cavsubmit although I cant confirm that at this time.

I am also having the same issue as others. When you disable real time scanning and then turn it back on the tooltip for the tray icon still says it is disabled. However if you right click on the tray icon you can easily see that the popup menu says that real time is enabled.

Got a false positive for you guys:

The attached screenshot is identified by CAVS On-Access as “Trojan.Win32.Codec.1” and quarantined. I have submitted the file.

This occurred on both machines I’m running this CAVS on, when trying to install updates to KeyScrambler (FF extension). I’ve tried both installing from the FF prompt, and downloading directly from the KS website; same result.

By quarantining the file, the install fails. :cry:

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have installed v 2.0.6.12 and has been working well the last days. However, since this morning I am getting an error message “Error occurred while creating the upload file”

Did I do something wrong? ???

CAV Safe List submission is not working.

Harrald

I’m having some issues with email scanner too. was fine untill recently as now seems to hang while downloading emails from server. I’m currently using thunderbird and orginally had no issue except some delays. this has only happend over the last week or so. Also have issue with system scan. started full scan yesterday and all fine untill encountered a file it couldn’t disinfect. quarentined fine but then hung on scanned file. turned out file was associated with hp keyboard control and seemed to be a false positive. would not then let me do anything to quarentined file to assess it properly as kept hanging. all fine when file restored but have not yet tried re scanning. everything else seemed thus far fine and dandy. a lot more stable than previous versions and has caught and quarentined malicious programs on the fly with no issues so thumbs up.
kitt.

kitt,

TBird recently updated, and seems generally slower than it was before (FFox, too). I noticed when it transitioned to the udpated version, the email scan situation degraded significantly. I fully allowed the e-scan & tbird in the firewall rules, but it did not appear to help.

The other night, I just let it run and run until it finally finished (I left it alone for a couple hours); since then (without a reboot) it’s been fine, with the email server running.

On the false positive file, did you submit it to Comodo?

LM

little mac,

tried to send the false positive but would not let me as caused program to hang. will try another scan and see what happens. cheers for info on t bird and firefox update- sometimes don’t notice updates as
not always first to log on this pc! I will see if i can find a work around. cheers.

kitt.

bingo sent it. done a bit of investigation myself too. file is ‘killwind.exe’ which is part of the hp bin file packaged with all HP pc’s. has had previous issues with mcafee and norton also. something to do with their ‘backweb’ program that lets tech’s solve issues with pc. anyhow have found that cavs now hangs when scanning and locating this file. tried it with right click scan on single hp file containing program as well with same result. checked process manager which reported that ‘CavSn.exe’ was running at 99% and memory usage of 51,204 k - 69, 740 k. this is a recent occurance as no problems a couple of weeks ago. maybe new definitions?
kitt.

kitt,

there was a big update this past week (since Jan 1st).

LM

My system stops responding when attaching my external firewire hard-drive. This is not the case without the CAVS Beta.

// Jacob

Similar bug/problem as mentioned by somebody above: e-mail scanner spends so much time scanning both incoming and outgoing messages, that in many cases it exceeds allowed connection time, and the mail server breaks the connection - some messages remain unreceived. email client: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.7

Had a similar problem to Krasnals on a friends pc. I skipped advanced security checks for Thunderbird and this did not work. Next I deleted the rules for Thunderbird and rebooted the pc. Recreated rules next time CPF asked about thunderbird and it now works much better. Still slow but much better. Hope all of these issues will be fixed in the upcoming 2.4 release.

:SMLR

Oops, ignore my previous post - it should have been in the Firewall section. Apologies, I have only just got up after a long night creating a new database,
:SMLR

Got Ati x1950xt, installed first drivers. Everything Ok.
Uninstalled, and tried to update newest 6.12 one with CCC At startup BSOD and 0x00007f…something doesn’t remember anymore but graphic card related.
Ok long fight and finally started ati services manually one by one got everything working.Also after settig them automatic booting is fine. now tried again updating, 2.0.6.12 uninstalled everyhing goes fine.
Then I ran f-secure online scanner,and then I got popup from on access scanner that I have virus in ati folder, but couldn’t send it, because my comp freezes totally. Now uninstalled beta, and everythin is fine, no viruses also…