Bug report for CAVS beta 2.0.10.37

When I open CAVS I am getting a “Comodo Antivirus encountered an error” after installation on Windows Xp SP2. (happened on 2 machines now)
The details are;

Number: STSU440
Description: Automation error

Then when I click OK it opens the CAVS window but ALL the status descriptions are saying REFRESHING and the ACTION column is having the TURN ON button.
When I try clicking that (in any of the choices) it comes with another error;

Number: STOAC017
Description: Unable to perform requested operation

Tried to restart, tried to uninstall and install again etc etc… still having the same errors on both machines.

Any idea??

Kishor, I’ve looked at the version of InstLsp.exe on my computers, and it’s modification date does not match the other files that were installed on 3/22/07; it is dated 3/21/07.

LM

Hi Guys
I have two only bugs to report on the lastest beta-

1. The email notification is back as an attachment and not in the body of the email which is a real pain cause I get alot of email from customers with attachements and the last thing I want to do is to open email to see what attachements are associated with it. At one stage this problem was fixed and now it is back again. I’m sure all the other avid CAVS users would agree with me so pleeeeeease put it back into the body and not as an attachement.
  2. The install went terrific and had no problems until I looked at the mem usage it was up to nearly 50meg. Any thoughts on this.
    shadha

The five .exe files in “C:\Program Files\Comodo\Comodo AntiVirus” use over 70 mb of ram here.

75.1MB (including the updater) here. I wonder why it got so “fat” with the last update?

Ewen :slight_smile:

Did that happen with the latest version (I have skipped a few betas)?
On a more positive note: it IS improving. At least, it is running smoothly here and that is something that has not happened before.

It seems that there are quite large movements in memory use. I’ve normally had about 19000K for each of the two cavse. But right now I have

cavse 3880
cavse 3860
cavaud 2888
cmain 372
cavasm 2192
cavemsrv 20840

This last one is huge compared to the “rest” state. I think is because I’ve just received an email (thunderbird).

I’ve just opened a program (wordpad) and one cavse increased to about 15000K, so it seems that this is the norm when in use. cavaud also went up to 4800K.

Cmain went up to 2588K when I opened the program from the tray.

So it looks like about 55-70,000 K is normal whilst the av is in operation. This does seem rather a lot compared to a separate AV and hips app.

Other than that, all is running smoothly (apart from the Eicar issue mentioned in this thread, which I can also confirm).

R.

Panic
In my last post i asked about the email notification being an attachment again, do you have any idea why they have reverted back to this method instead of putting it in the email body. I really hate the attachment idea.
shadha

Have managed to logon 6 times out of 6 so far without the system hanging at startup (3 locally and 3 connected to a domain). Looks like this bug has finally been squated (for me anyway) ;D. My only minor issue now is the loading time when opening CAVS for the first time. Takes a while for the interface to appear but I can live with that. Good job. (:CLP)

:slight_smile:

A serious problem (:WIN):
In the program window the text “Copyright 2005 - 2006”.

When I try to launch Opera 9.10 from the start menu it freezes. If I disable HIPS it is fine. Opera is my default browser

Some windows are not sized properly when using font size other than normal see attached screen capture. Also all “list” are not sized properly, sometime hiding buttons which is very annoying to close windows etc…

I think I have the latest version because I had to restart few minutes ago. Althouh theses problems are not new to this version and was existing before.

Product Information
Build Version: 2.0.9.30
DataBase Version: 2.0.0.114
AllowDB Version: 2.0.10.37
Program Updates Version: 2.0.10.37
License Information
License Status: Activated
Product Installation Date: 19-Mar-2007
Product Activation Date: 16-Feb-2007
Program Files Information
CMain.exe: 2.0.0.1
CavApp.exe: 2.0.0.1
CavSn.exe: 2.0.0.1
CavAud.exe: 2.0.9.26
CavMud.exe: 2.0.9.26
Cavasm.exe: 2.0.1.4
CavEmSrv.exe: 1.1.0.4
cavengine.dll: 2.0.0.5
System Information
Operating System: Windows XP
Operating System Version: 05.01.2600
Service Pack: Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2900.2180
Hardware Information
Central Processing Unit (CPU): AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
Total Memory: 1022MB

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Arkangyal,
Could you pls upload you notepad.exe here? I will get it added into safelist database.

regards
Kishor

Pls ask your friend to submit this file using “Quarantine Page on main window->submit suspecious file->Submit file” option.

regards
Kishor

Hi julio66,
It seems that some of dlls related to GUI are not registered. This may be due to installer is not allowed to register the dlls. Pls close all application or uninstall those program which monitors registries and then install. You can try installtion in safeMode as well.

regards
Kishor

Hi Little Mac,
The file modification time get changed when it is updated. But both the fles should be same.
LM, we have modified somthing in InstLsp.exe which will come through next updates.

regards
Kishor

The memory required by CAV if all security points are ON. The on-access is using two instances of scanner to make the faster on-access scan and to eleminate some dead lock which we faced before.
cavse.exe - 15MB+
cavse.exe - 15MB+
cavasm.exe - 4MB
CMain - 3MB
CavEmSrv - 20MB
CAVAud- 4MB+

regards
Kishor

Kishor,

Another issue, which I have failed to mention before (but that has existed with previous Betas as well as the current)…

I am currently running Spyware Terminator on both machines, with weekly scans. In both scenarios, I have excluded ST from CAVS’ HIPS control, so it won’t interfere with the weekly scan.

At work, this works; ST is allowed and excluded from HIPS monitoring, and all goes well; no popups. At home, CAVS’ HIPS pops up with alerts on various files that ST is scanning.

In both scenarios, CAVS’ settings are the same, ST settings are the same.

LM

My CavAud.exe is using 20+MBs. Is this unusual. And What’s CavEmSrv? I dont hav it!

I’ve attached the file but i guess you’ll need to detect a lot more sooner or later. It’s just an example which used to make me crazy (the veeery dangerous notepad ;)).

[attachment deleted by admin]

I guess it’s the email proxy server.