[BUG] Can't manually update AV database

The bug/issue

1. What you did: Clicked on Update Virus Database
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: Dialog box pops up with message “Update failed. Error code 0x80070005. Access denied”
  3. What you expected to happen or see: I expected it to update the AV database
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: Started CIS using “Run as administrator” it didn’t help the problem

My set-up

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: CIS vers. 5.0,163652.1142, Virus signature database version listed as 0
  2. Whether you imported a configuration, if so from what version: N/A
  3. Defense+ and Sandbox OR Firewall security level: Defense + = “Training Mode”, Firewall = “Training Mode”
  4. OS version, service pack, no of bits, UAC setting, & account type:Windows 7 x86, UAC is on, running under administrator account
  5. Other security and utility software running:N/A

Sorry you cannot update the virus database if it is 0 it needs to be at least 1.

Please follow the instructions here Where can i download the latest full av database.

With Defense+ and the Firewall both in Training mode everything is allow including malware please change to Safe mode.

Dennis

From the information you have given I am not clear whether this is a bug/issue.

For the moment I will transfer you to help so you can work through this issue and hopefully resolve it. Please ask any mod to move this report back to the bugs forum if it becomes clear that it is a bug/issue.

Best wishes

Mouse