BufferZone Pro

BufferZone Pro is being given out free this month:

http://www.trustware.com

Does anyone have any opinions about this software? Is it needed with CIS?

I’ll give it a try :wink:

p.s. I know 1 thing so far , their installer was signed by comodo ;D

BufferZone Free contains your Internet activities inside an isolated environment called the “Virtual Zone.” The Virtual Zone is displayed as a red border around your screen. All potentially threatening programs and files remain isolated from your PC’s operating system. Your personal and private information stays in a separated trusted environment. All virtualized and trusted programs and files are easily viewable in the same interface.

Buffer Zone sounds almost exactly like Sandboxie…

~Maxx~

[attachment deleted by admin]

I ran their security test which just put a list of my docs on my desktop.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alas, no 64-bit support. Time to look beyond 32 bit and not be stuck in the Windows 98 era. :-\

Imo that security test is a bit lame. They say you have to enable access to internet, so test can show you list of files, which only shows that it can’t bypass firewall. If something can’t bypass firewall, it can’t leak informations from PC, period. Second, it reads content of My Documents folder to which majority of HIPS software allow full access from very obvious reasons (unless they think that average PC user isin some S&M mood :P). Anyway if you have Sandboxie, you can do all that BufferZone can, and a lot more.