BSODs Please add your minidump files here

If you come across with a BSOD or an instant reboot (silent BSOD), and you suspect the cause of the problem was CFP, please report it here.

You need to give some additional info:

1. Attach the minidump file. You will find it under [b]C:\windows\minidump[/b]

2. The version of CFP that you are using

3. Give some info about your OS, processor, ram and your network card.

Thanks,
Panagiotis

edit: for activating windows to create the minidump report take a look at the following images

[attachment deleted by admin]

Frequent BSODs with version 2.4.18.184 firewall.

Possible conflict with utorrent as it often occurs after prolonged running of utorrent and firewall.

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 4600+
Ram: 2 gig
Network Card : nVidia nForce Networking Controller

Hi, using version 2.4.18.184…also possible conflict with utorrent/peerguardian

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6300
MOB: Gigabyte 965P-S3
RAM: 2GB Corsair
Network Card: Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Hmm. I’ve been getting BSOD when playing 2142 which I never got before.
I’ve no idea if it’s Comodo related but will try it tonight and also try it with Comodo disabled and Windoze firewall on.
If it works with windoze I’ll attach the mini dump.

Here is the minidump from a BSOD of a friends pc. It happened 1 second after he activated his network card. :o

CFP v.2.4.18.184

CPU: AMD Athlon 1700+
MOB: MSI KT266
RAM: 256mb
Network Card: D-Link DGE-528t

CPU: AMD Sampron 2800+ (2.00Ghz)
RAM: 2 Gig DDR 400
Network: USB connection to D-link DSL-302G modem
also connected to a second PC with standard lan VIA Rhine II fast ethernet adapter

i use ICS but happens wheather the second computer is connected or not so i dont know how relevant that is

attaching about half of my minidumps if u want the rest let me know

please fix this as im having to resort to zone alarm and i like comodo alot more lol

edit: a forgot to add the version of CFP and have uninstalled it now but was a completly upto date version as far as im aware

I’m also having these sudden restarts. But I don’t have any dumps in /windows/minidumps/ , don’t know why…

One time I managed to see this info when mouse-hovering the CFP in systray:

“The Comodo Application Monitor is out of memory. Rebooting may aleviate the problem.”

Then I manually closed my torrents client (Bitspirit) and tried to close CFP… then the computer stoped responding. After a while, I had to shutdown by power button.

On some other time this message apeared and I did the same thing, the computer did a auto restart.

Don’t know if it matters but… I patched my tcpip.sys to allow more than 10 half-open connections. I’m using 256 half-open connections. I’m going to test it with a more reasonable number (100)

CFP v.2.4.18.184
SuperAntiSpyware Pro 3.5.1016
Kaspersky AV 6.0.2.614

CPU: P4 1.5 Mhz
MOB: Asus P4P800-VM
RAM: 512 MB
Network Card: Intel(R) PRO/100 VE (on-board)

If you want to know exactly where your minidump is located, press the Windows (start) key and Pause (Break) key. This should open up your System Properties > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery > Settings. At the bottom the default should be: %SystemRoot%\Minidump

Thanks for the quick reply and info. I recheck and its on default “%SystemRoot%\Minidump”
But the folder is empty. I have hidden and system files visible.
Do you think I should uninstall CFP and install it again?
Feel free to delete my posts to maintain thread clean.

I don’t know if it’ll help to reinstall CFP, although it has been the solution for some users. BTW, I also have a patched tcpip.sys, so it can’t be the reason for the BSOD. Such crashes are usually caused by driver conflicts among software.

(If you do decide to reinstall, make sure CFP is installed first while the other security software are either disabled or uninstalled because the ordering does matter in certain cases.)

Mabs, are you sure it was a BSOD and not a freeze? You were able to manually close your programs.

I had one restart just before I registered in the thread (today). I noticed the torrents were without “moving” and I closed the client. Afterwards, I TRIED to open CFP from the systray when suddenly my computer restarted.

Yesterday I had a similar problem but in that ocasion the PC just freezes. After 10 min waiting I had to push power button.

I usualy leave the computer ON for days, weeks. And some other day I found it in the windows logon screen without any user loged-in. It surely made a restart while I was asleep.

That restriction of installing CFP first is a bit hard to comply. I would have to uninstall Superantispyware, Kaspersky AND Comodo and then reinstall all those again… uff… I’m tired already :slight_smile:

I added two images at the initial post, were you can see how you can activate the windows minidump report.

I have it configured just as in those pictures. But still… That folder is empty.
I’m guessing its something because my pagefile location. I have it relocated from drive C: to another large disk/partition (E:)
I read somewhere that memory dumps need some part of the pagefile to be on the system drive.
I’ve uninstalled CFP and reinstalled. I will change pagefile in order to have it on drive C: again.

I’ll post some more news as available. thx

Thanks soya,

I added it at the first post.

i just got a BSOD today running zone alarm first for a while tho so mine from comodo could b irelevant

tho with commodo it was like 3 or 4 a day this was the first thus far with zone alarm ill keep u posted as to how frequent it comes

could this b a left over from something comodo did ??

sorry im pretty clueds up when it comes to computers but no where near your levels
if u want the minidump from today let me know

So far I’ve realised it’s

cdmon.sys or inspect.sys

that cause BSODs and it seems like it happens only when torrents are running, and after a long period of time.

Is there anyway to rectify this? Because I like Comodo very much but I can’t use it and if this problem persists I’d have to delete it and get another firewall that doesn’t crash my com.

Blue Screens on and off for quite a while now.
Generally happens after extended run times, seems like a memory leak?
With CFP unloaded I never see BSOD.

CFP 2.4.18.184
AvgFree 7.5.446
1G Ram
SIS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
WinXP SP2
Intel P4 2.66GHz

Hi,

Another DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, regarding “inspect.sys”

My PC consists of :-
AsRock ConroeXfire-SATA2 with 512MB
Dual Core Intel 6400 (2.13Ghzx2)
Speedtouch 330 USB modem

With :
uTorrent
PeerGuardian2(Does this work properly with CPF??)
Nod32 Antivirus
CPF 2.4.18.184

Only happened once, so far.

Attached a zipped minidump file, full dumb available on request.

Thanks

Jon.

Same problem here… (:SAD)
BSOD with error caused by inspect.sys

My system info as below:-

CPU: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50
Model: Dell Inspiron 1501
RAM: 1GB DDR2 533
NIC: Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card
CPF: 2.4.18.184

Any advice or solution is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!! :■■■■ :■■■■

Read the last at this computer:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
0x0000000A (0x00000016, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804E469A