BSODs: Please add your minidump files here(v3)

1. Windows Version/Bit and Service Packs - WinXP Pro SP3 32 Bit
  2. Your realtime Antivirus/version,Spyware remover/Version, other Security Software/Version - Comodo CIS 3.5.53896.424
  3. Affected Driver/Software and Version (if the bug doesn’t affect window itself) - N/A
  4. Brief description of the problem (Attach Diagnostic report or crash dumps if needed) - Intermittent BSOD when accessing CD/DVD/Floppy drive.
  5. Steps to reproduce the bug (if applicable) - Access a drive through Explorer or another program.

Intermittent BSODs when accessing CD/DVD/Floppy drives. Minidump attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Unfortunately, I’ve had to return to Norton Internet Security to get away from the BSODs. When my subscription runs out in a year, I’ll give CIS another try. BOClean works seamlessly with Norton. I’m still a happy camper!

1. windows version WinXp Pro SP3 32BIT
  2. CIS version before update today
  3. affected drives N/A
  4. Brife description BSOD upon accessing cd/dvd drive.
  5. reproduce insert cd/dvd and try and access it.
    Minidump attached i sure hope this was fixed in the update today please let me know.

I have returned to windows firewall and my router firewall and avast antivirus till this bug is rendered. as it made my computer unusable i could not even play music cd or dvd. I will revisit comodo products when bugs worked out. i wish you all luck.

1 Windows Version/Bit and Service Packs = XP Pro SP3 - 32bit
2 Your realtime Antivirus/version,Spyware remover/Version, other Security Software/Version = Norton Corporate Anti-Virus 10.1.5.5000
3 Affected Driver/Software and Version (if the bug doesn’t affect window itself)= cmdguard.sys
4 Brief description of the problem (Attach Diagnostic report or crash dumps if needed) - stop 0x7e and 0xf4 (csrss.exe)
5 Steps to reproduce the bug (if applicable) - reboot and wait 5 or 10 minutes, no login needed

Hi there, we have a very annoying problem which I was hoping you could take a look at…

Windows XP PRo, Version 2002 SP 3
32 Bit

AVG Free: 8.0.175
Comodo: 3.5.54375.427

BSOD with the following message:
STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x804E7437, 0xF7B06A60, 0xF7B0675C)

intermittent problem cannot be reproduced - seems to come in waves: can happen 3-4 time within 10 minutes and then go for hours without a blip.

The minidump files (attached) seem to point to CMDGUARD.SYS

Thanks for your help

Peter

Hi, i’ve a problem with the firewall. my pc crash when i want play with an online game (kart’n crazy). vista sp1 32bits
CIS 3.5.54375.427
spyware terminator 2.3.0.507.
Thanks

1. Windows Vista Business/32-bit
  2. CIS 3.5.54375.427, virus sign. database v. 455
  3. Application hungs and turned off. Below is report from windows logging:
    cfp.exe - Application Popup - application error: There was unknown software exception (0x40000015) under address 0x0044b831.
    Details:
  • System

• Provider

[ Name] Application Popup

• EventID 26

[ Qualifiers] 16384

Level 4

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

• TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2008-11-04T09:06:45.000Z

EventRecordID 51942

Channel System

Computer xxxx

Security

It was first time application hungs. I attached gmer logs created after crash.

Exact same - only happens when using Itunes

Seems that waves of BSoDs are caused of some periodical application activity. Do you have any application that might have scheduled tasks or performs updates with same period? Could you tell the period timing more precisely.

Does the game have any game protecting mechanisms or anti-cheats.
If you are sure the game itself is safe - try to set Defense+ in training mode, launch the game, exit and switch back to the mode you use. CIS should learn the game behavior and not crash.

Can you provide any steps to reproduce or at least what kind of actions did you perform when it happened?

• Windows Version/Bit and Service Packs
    XP Pro 32 bit, sp 2

• Your realtime Antivirus/version,Spyware remover/Version, other Security Software/Version
      Trendmicro Internet Security 2006, prog ver 14.00.1341, engine ver 8.910.1002

• Affected Driver/Software and Version (if the bug doesn’t affect window itself)
      cmdguard.sys, ver 3.5.53861.423

• Brief description of the problem
      Two, seemingly random BSOD’s since installation
      See attached “CHURLOCK_Mini110608-01.txt”

• Steps to reproduce the bug (if applicable)
      random

• Gmer report (download) Only for 32bit platforms
      See attached “CHURLOCK_gmer.txt”

* Windows Version/Bit and Service Packs 
          XP - Home SP2 32 Bit.
* Your realtime Antivirus/version,Spyware remover/Version, other Security Software/Version
          CIS - 3.5 Proactive security D+ CleanPC mode Firewall Custom Mode, BoClean 4.27,
* Affected Driver/Software and Version (if the bug doesn't affect window itself)

* Brief description of the problem (Attach Diagnostic report or crash dumps if needed)
          Clicked on "lookup' for my pending files. Immediate BSOD
* Steps to reproduce the bug (if applicable)
      Have not attempted to reproduce it yet.  I will as soon as this is reported.    

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0X000000D1 (0XB8217C30, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0XF7A127F8)
cmdhlp.sys - address F7A127F8 base at F7A12000 ,datestamp 48ff8da8
No minidump produced - possible reason:

The paging file is not on the %systemroot% partition. When the STOP error occurs, the system crash dump is written out to the pagefile on the root of the %systemroot% drive.

John

Since reverting back to 3.0 from 3.5, I’ve had no BSOD’s. It’s been several days now, and I’d ordinarily see one. So knock on wood. If I should get one while running 3.0, I will report back here. I’m fairly confident 3.5 was the problem.
Which raises a question: will 3.5 be “fixed”, and how would I know?? I doubt they will come out and say “…problem identified and fixed bsod’s for Win xp, sp2…”

Knock on wood, but since upgrading to .427 I haven’t seen any bsod’s almost at all.
Just want to say thanks for the effort and leave some feedback since I’ve submitted quite a few minidumps to the previous thread as well.

Josh

Just to be clear, when you say “…almost…”, does that mean you are still getting them, but at a lesser frequency??

I have as yet to this day (11/18) gotten any since reverting back to 3.0, which has now been a couple of weeks, so I hate to update if the bug is still there. It’s a pain to do the uninstall, etc., etc. plus any bsod can be bad for windows, rather like walking on thin ice…

I know exactly what you mean, upgrading and reinstalling is a real letdown… though
latest 3.5 allowed me to keep the previous preferences and upgrading was a charm
thanks to another poster in this forum.

Just to clarify, it crashed once but it was entirely my fault. Opened waaay to many connections
for it to handle and probably that’s why. Under normal circumstances, only 1/3rd of that
amount of open connections (that crashed it) are used. The problem with previous version,
was that even 1/3rd of that number, caused it to give a blue screen almost on a daily basis.

Good luck if you upgrade, I think it’s worth it, imo.
btw, there’s an even newer version out I have yet to try…

Josh

I tried V.432 and got 3 BSODs over 2 days. I went back to V. 3.0 and have had no problems since. For me is isn’t fixed yet.

Thanks for the heads-up! I was waiting to see if the BSODs were fixed in this newest version. Now I don’t have to go through trying it out. I guess I’ll have to wait for an upcoming release!