BSOD with latest update

Running XP with SP2, and have been running Comodo firewall for about a year with no problems on three computers at home. Couple of days ago Comodo updated itself (auto updates turned on), and when I re-started, it gave the BSOD. Tried 10 times to start the laptop, but still same BSOD. After starting in safe mode I uninstalled Comodo firewall, and the computer started without any problems. After running fine for a day, I tried to re-installed the latest verision of Comodo firewall, and same thing when re-starting, BSOD.

To bad as it was great product for me. Guess I’ll have to find another firewall to use.

Error was as follows;

STOP 0X0000007F (0X00000008, 0X80042000, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

please try this version

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/setups/CIS_Setup_3.9.95478.509_XP_Vista_x32.exe 32bit

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/setups/CIS_Setup_3.9.95478.509_XP_Vista_x64.exe 64bit

Many thanks languy99, I’ll give the older version a try.

Assuming it works, I guess I’ll have to turn off auto update, and just run this older version?

The version that was giving my problems was;

CIS_Setup_3.9.76924.507_XP_Vista_x32.exe

Cheers…

actually that is the newest version, newer than what you have. the .509 actually was a release to fix the BSOD.

Ah…I see now, OK thanks again, and I’ll keep my fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Cheers

Well just as an update, I installed the CIS_Setup_3.9.95478.509_XP_Vista_x32.exe 32bit version, and I still get a BSOD with the same STOP error as posted above.

Strange thing is I can disable the services during startup, but still get the STOP error. The only way to fix it is to completely uninstall the program… ???

To bad, but thanks for your help… 88)

do you get a dump file, if so post it so that it can help comodo diagnose the problem and fix it.

Ya, I believe there is, but don’t know how to access or post it. When the STOP error happens, it says “dumping physical memory to disk”, or something like that. How do I post it?

first find it, First open the my computer window. At the top go to tools - folder options - view tab - unchceck (hide protected system files an also select show hidden files) - hit apply.

Now go to c:\windows\system32\mindump there you will find the dump files. I would recommend selecting them all, right click and copy.

Paste them on your desktop.

Then put them in a ZIP folder.

After that I would attach them to this thread we are talking in now and also in this one Comodo Forum using the addition options at the bottom of the reply window.

After that you can go back the my computer and change back the view settings.